Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 8th, 2003, 03:37 PM
Clem

Default Disembarkemnt in New Orleans

Hey everyone...We will be sailing on the Conquest in late july. There will be 2 adults and 2 children. Can anyone give me an idea as far as transportation back to the airport? Should I prearrange a private sedan, that will be waiting for us when we get off the ship? If so, what time is a reasonable time to have them pick us up? Or would a taxi be a better way--do they wait right there at the pier? And would they take 4 people? Your comments have helped us so much, with finding answers to all our other questions!!!
Sponsored Links
Old July 8th, 2003, 06:41 PM
kori

Default Re: Disembarkemnt in New Orleans

I am going on the Conquest next week, and since I haven't gone yet, I can't be specific as far as transportation at that particular pier, but I have been on 3 previous cruises, and there are always tons of taxis at the pier when the ship docks. You shouldn't have any problem getting a ride back to the airport.
As far as the time you get back, it docks at 8:00 (I think), and they usually disembark people in order of their departing flights. If you have an early flight, you'll get off earlier, etc. Don't worry you'll make you're flight. Hope this helps! Have fun!
Old July 8th, 2003, 08:09 PM
Cruise Maniac

On our June 22 Sailing of the Conquest, we had our debarkation in Gulfport.

However, from the New Orleans Airport, we took a taxi (set price at about $28 for two people plus about $12 for each additional person ) to a hotel on Canal Street in the French Quarter. Our hotel, The New Orleans Marriott, was just about a 5 minute ride (not including the fact that we had to wait about 10 minutes for a train to pass before we got to the Pier) to the Carnival Pier.

Therefore, the taxi ride from the New Orleans Pier should be about $28 for two plus about $12 for each additional passenger. I assume many taxis would be around the Pier, but I hope other past passengers could better inform you.

Happy Sailing.
Old July 9th, 2003, 04:29 PM
Passenger

There has always been a lot of cabs around the NOLA ship terminal for the ride back to the airport. I would not worry about it, there will be a taxi dispatcher to be sure you have a ride.

Old July 11th, 2003, 09:14 AM
Cruise Maniac

Regarding taxis. From the Airport, all of the taxis should easily hold 4 passengers. We happen to get a large van type of taxi for just the two of us while other couples seem to get a smaller taxi. The same type of taxis should be available at the Pier.

Remember, you could always be late to arrive in New Orleans. It's possible a private pick-up service may charge you additional money for waiting beyond a specific time. As already noted, debarkation is normally by your flight departure and traveling arrangements and tour sign ups. If you are driving, you may be one of the last groups to leave the SHIP.

On the Conquest, we were asked to show our flight tickets or e-ticket info before obtaining our debarkation tags. Some passengers who may be taking a tour of New Orleans (if this tour is offered on debarkation day) may also get off the Ship early.

When you return, let us know how embarkation and debarkation was in New Orleans. I would suggest getting to the Pier early, even though you may have to wait. This Sunday should be the first time THE CONQUEST is back in New Orleans, so you may expect to have some more waiting. In Gulfport, things seemed to be well organized.

Someone just told me that the Mississippi dropped down about 6 feet since the June 22 Sailing. Frankly, I was quite surprised.

Take some sweaters, etc. to wear over things. The Monet Dinnig Room was cold most nights. So was the Toulouse Lounge (the main show area). I brought a fleece warm up suit and wore it many times over my bathing suit when I was in the Degas Lounge (a smaller area with a stage) for the Art Auctions.

If you go to Dr. Cove's Beach in Montego Bay, consider taking the water taxi back to the Ship. The water taxi ride took about 5 minutes except you have to climb a short ladder to get on the Pier. The water taxi area is to the extreme right (facing the ocean) on the beach. It cost $5 per person. We did not bother to bargain, but you may try. The regular bus costs $4 per person.

Have a Great TIme