Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 10th, 2003, 12:07 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Holiday Inn Miami

Has anyone stayed or seen the Holiday Inn Marina plaza by bayside I am staying there with 18 other people from our group. If you have seen it or stayed there can you please give us some inside on it.
Thanks for always being so helpful.
Sponsored Links
Old July 10th, 2003, 01:11 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Holiday Inn Miami

It used to be the Best Western Batside and we have stayed there. The rooms are fairly large and the hotel itself is decent and you should have no problems. The dining downstairs was terribly high-priced though but don;t know about now. Best bet is to walk across the street and dine at Bayside anyway. <G>
Jim

Old July 10th, 2003, 02:32 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Holiday Inn Miami

Thanks Jim, I heard it was redone when Holiday Inn bought it over. I`m glad to hear that it`s pretty decent since I have 7 rooms booked there and can`t find any other place with decent fare at that time fo the year. I also heard it was boat show time which doesn`t help. Thanks again.
P.s. Bayside is a must I hear they have bubba gump there so I am looking forward to it, up in the northern lights (montreal) area shrimps are the size of shrimps nothing jumbo around here.
Old July 14th, 2003, 08:01 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Holiday Inn Miami

We stayed there when it was the Best Western and again a couple months ago. The first time we stayed there we weren't impressed, in part due to some of the staff, but since we have gone back and no problems.
When we were there in May we noted that the hotel has had re-modeling done and it was clean and no complaints.
Like Jim, we haven't eaten there as we always eat across at a restaurant at Bayside Marketplace. When we were at Bayside in May, one of the store employees told us that the food in the Food Market on the 2nd floor is also quite good. We haven't tried that, but there are all types of food available to choose from.
When is the boat show?
When we were there in May we didn't know that it was the Puerto Rico festival weekend, and the street bands could be heard at street level as well as higher up in the hotel.
All in all, still a good deal.