Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 10th, 2003, 04:10 PM
Danp

Default Fascination

Has anyone been on her lately? I know she is older now, but I was wondering how she was doing since Norwalk. We are going next weekend (short 3nights Bahamas) I would like some honest opinions!!!
Sponsored Links
Old July 10th, 2003, 04:50 PM
Dick D

Default Re: Fascination

This is still a Great 3/4 day fun ship. Enjoy, eat, relax, eat some more and be entertained. She gets worked hard but serves her purpose, like I said "Enjoy, eat, relax, eat some more and be entertained."
Old July 10th, 2003, 05:07 PM
MARY MARTIN

We had a really bad experience on the Fascination, but that was in 2001. So I 'm sure things have improved, especially after the letter I wrote to the president of the company.
Our room was hot, as was the rooms of several people who went with us, (this was a June 4 day cruise), we had a water back up problem, they ran out of food, the service was lousy, and the ship was dirty. Would I sail Carnival again? Let's just say we are sailing on the Inspiration Sept. 14th out of Tampa. I believe in giving people and companies a 2nd chance. I think part of the problem with us is we sailed with RCI a couple of times before this cruise, so we had our expectations set high. This time I am not going with this attitude, I am going with a positive attitude. I think you will have a great time if you go with a positive attitude.
Happy sailing,
Mary
Old July 11th, 2003, 08:54 AM
Mommabee

Default Re: Re: Fascination

I traveled on her in April, and I loved it. I did get a little confised with the layout of the ship, but I loved the food and the rooms. My room was clean and I peeked at the other room and they looked clean too! I noticed that they didn't have the staues I had heard about. I was curious beacuse everyone posted that they were chipped and needed to be redone, so maybe they were getting facelifts when we traveled. I have not one complaint about the ship or the workers-. Some people just look for things to complain about. I was determined to have a relaxing and fun time no matter what!
Old July 11th, 2003, 03:02 PM
Admiral

We have sailed on her twice now, once in the Southern in 1997 and again this last Feb. She is in very good shape and we saw nothing to complain about.
Jim