Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 11th, 2003, 11:07 AM
Yeoman

Default have you had carnival flowers delivered to your cabin?

i know someone here on the board can help me.. i am going on my first cruise, solo, and want to have flowers in my cabin. the ones pictured on the carnival site are really not that appealing except for the roses, and i wondered what the other choices they show are really like. im sure they are ok, but i just am curious. hope this isnt a sill question but im trying to get everything in order for a great, fun cruise.
Sponsored Links
Old July 11th, 2003, 11:11 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: have you had carnival flowers delivered to your cabin?

Dusty, my brother inlaw ordered flowers for his wife once he arrived on the ship from the florist there. You might want to wait that way you can see them. Other wise roses are usually a safe bet or the tropical arrangements are usually nice and last longer then roses. I think it`s great that you are treating your self we get so involved in our lives and in other people that sometimes we don`t think about doing things for our selves more power to you.
Old July 11th, 2003, 11:15 AM
Admiral

I have to agree w/Sunshine, I think it's great that you want to have flowers for yourself on your cruise. We all do get caught up in the more complicated things in life, and it's nice to do something like that for yourself. Also choosing them once you were onboard, I think, would be more of a fun activity just than ordering them in advance.

When my husband & I cruised for our anniversary, I had them decorate the room with balloons and streamers and it certainly added a bit more fun to the experience!

Have a great time!

8/92 Mex. Riv. Commodore
9/98, 9/00, 9/02 & 7/04 Caribbean - Paradise
10/00, 08/05 Pac. Wtrs. Holiday, Monarch
04/06 Hawaii - Celebrity Summit
09/07 Alaska - Celebrity Summit
07/09 Western Caribbean RCCL Liberty of the Seas
Old July 11th, 2003, 11:48 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: Re: have you had carnival flowers delivered to your cabi

sunshine and jeans

thanks so much, do you mean that they have a shop on the ship, carnival spirit, that can send them to my cabin when we are onboard. that would make it easier and i can pick what i want.

you are right. i work very hard at a warehouse, have everyday troubles like all of us, and am saving like crazy to take this cruise. i am going to have a wonderful time and make it fantastic. dusty
Old July 11th, 2003, 12:23 PM
anita kennedy

Default Re: Re: Re: have you had carnival flowers delivered to your

great dusty you do that and have a ball. I don't think it will be to hard to do.
Wish I were on a ship now even if there is a storm out there.
Old July 11th, 2003, 01:07 PM
Admiral

My husband ordered (SURPRISE) flowers from the florist on the ship while we were out to sea for our anniversary. They had no red roses so he got pink ones and they were absolutely bueatiful. Only thing that sucked was he had them deliver them on our actual anniversary (2 days before coming home) so we had to leave them on the ship as you can't take flowers off when you leave

Old July 11th, 2003, 01:08 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Dusty,
You can check out this site, they do have flowers delivered:

http://www.myaffiliateprogram.com/u/.../t.asp?id=1009

Hope you find a bouquet you like, enjoy!

Message Boards Moderator
Old July 11th, 2003, 02:51 PM
Passenger

Dusty,
I replied to your question on another baord so I will be brief here. I ordered flowers from Carnival for our February Conquest cruise and was pleased with the arrangement waitng for us in our cabin. More importantly, my wife was thrilled!
Old July 11th, 2003, 05:56 PM
Gina Jensen

When my husband and I went on our honeymoon Carnival Cruise 5 years ago, my dad sent a dozen red roses to our cabin. They were beautiful and lasted the whole week. In fact to this day, I never have seen roses look so good for 7 days.
Old July 11th, 2003, 09:57 PM
Admiral

Dear Dusty, yes we recently had flowers, champagne and glasses delivered to our Carnival cabin. (Imagination, New Years 03). The flowers were sort of exotic looking, colourful and quite beautiful. We also had my son and his friend's room docorated in a "Bon Voyage" theme, with streamers, a cake, a chocolate ship, key chains, pens, etc. Check out the attachment photo to see what this all looked like. and enjoy your cruise!!

donna

Old July 11th, 2003, 11:48 PM
Yeoman

rollerdonna

the pics are great. and the flowers are very nice. all this help has convinced me that i will get some good ones for my cabin.

thanks to all who have replied. dusty
Old July 12th, 2003, 08:00 PM
Sooshie

When my parents went on a cruise for their 40th anniversary I called a local florist and ordered an arrangement for them to be delivered on the ship. It wasn't Carnival, it was Norwegian. Keep in mind, space is limited and you want to keep the arrangement small.
Old July 13th, 2003, 09:07 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Sea Turtle

Dusty--

I've been on the Spirit four times, and the only flowers I ever saw in the Florist's cooler on that ship were roses. All the other floral arrangements for cabin delivery had been brought on board during embarkation. You may want to ring Carnival and inquire as to whether the Spirit has flowers other than roses for purchase after boarding. If memory serves, about 3 roses in a vase was $15-18. I saw many arrangements sitting in the hallway on disembarkation day and they all still looked really good. I should have taken one to my cabin for my back2back cruises. :-)

I have never purchased floral arrangements from Carnival; however, I did order an arrangement for myself on my first cruise to Alaska with Princess. They were in my cabin upon arrival, and it was nice for that one time but now I'd rather use that $50-60 towards a spa treatment.

Hope you enjoy the Spirit in Alaska. I cruised solo for two weeks. If you can, treat yourself to dinner at the supper club!
Old July 15th, 2003, 09:25 AM
Yeoman

sea turtle

thanks for the info.

im sure the next cruise i will spend the money on something else too ( the spa sounds wonderful ), but i wanted my first cruise to be the best, and since no man in my life has sent me flowers for years i will do it for myself. i actually used my discover cash back bonus money (((double the amount because i used f.t.d. )))) so they really are free. at least i want to think of it that way. and thanks for the tip about the supper club. dusty
Old August 21st, 2003, 08:40 PM
Ashkins

I have a question along the lines of flowers and such being taken to cabins before or during the cruise.

We are booked for the 5/30/04 Desitny cruise. We have a total of 12 people in 3 cabins. A semi-family reunion.

I work for a place that makes bears and other animals. I would like to surprise the rest of my family with an animal. Is there a way that if I mail them down to San Juan the cruiseline would put them in the right rooms before we boarded??

I have thought about waiting till a closer date to accualy call the cruiseline to ask them.

Thank you,
Ashkins
Old August 21st, 2003, 11:00 PM
Yeoman

ashkins

that is a tuffy. i dont know if fex or ups would deliver them to the ship or not. and since i have not cruised before , calling them would be my answer for you too find out. i hope it all works out for you. that is a great idea and i know they will enjoy getting them. have a great time. dusty
Old August 22nd, 2003, 08:13 PM
Admiral

Hubby ordered a dozen roses on the ship for our anniversary and they were bueatiful!

The only thing is you can't take them with you when you depart due to regulations so get them in enough time to enjoy them in your cabin.

Old August 23rd, 2003, 08:59 AM
Yeoman

helen

what a nice thoughtful hubby you must have. i can just imagine how beuatiful they were. too bad you could not take them with you. thanks, dusty
Old August 23rd, 2003, 09:28 AM
Admiral

Yes, He is very thoughtful when he wants to be

It was our 5th wedding anniversary too so it was really a nice surprise!

I have some pics on my webpage if you want to take a look.

home.comcast.net/~powerdave/cruise.htm

They were pink roses and very bueatiful and when we came into our cabin each night it smelled so good!