Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 15th, 2003, 03:46 PM
Beginner

Default Roll Call - 9/7 Paradise

OK, who's out there for the 9/7 Paradise? We are first-time Paradise cruisers, and excited to meet anyone who'll be on board with us!

Sponsored Links
Old July 15th, 2003, 04:45 PM
Captain

Default Re: Roll Call - 9/7 Paradise

We will be on the 9/7 Paradise cruise with you. This will be our second week of back to back on the Paradise. We would be more than happy to meet up with you somewhere onboard.
Old July 16th, 2003, 01:23 PM
First Mate

We will also be on the Sept. 7 cruise with you. We are first time cruisers period. Two of us are Canadians and two are from Florida.
Old July 24th, 2003, 09:10 PM
Beginner

Glad to hear from you. I will be traveling with my husband and my 3-year old son, and a mother-in-law as well. We hope to do some scuba and snorkeling, and my husband may want to golf.

PEB - you must be ready for a long vacation with back-to-back cruises. Have you been on the Paradise before? This is my first with Carnival, and only my second cruise overall. Do either of you have any pointers?

Old July 24th, 2003, 09:47 PM
soulpony

My wife and I will be aboard on 9/7 as well. Wife pointed out it will be a full moon that week.

I'm looking for people to snorkel with since my wife prefers to shop.

Please contact me through my email if anyone is interested in swimming/snorkeling.

soulpony
Old July 25th, 2003, 11:11 AM
Captain

Californiaamy I normally do back to backs because 7 day cruises are not enough for me. My last cruise was back to back to back. I have not been on the Paradise before. My only experience on Carnival was back to back on the Victory. I was very pleased at how good Carnival is. I have cruised on 5 different cruise lines so far and hope to try a few more.

My best advice for you is to not go on the cruise looking to compare it to the other cruise you were on. Each cruise can be totally different even if you are on the same ship. Go on the cruise and find the things on the ship and in the ports that you like to do and focus on those things and you will have a great time.

If you do want to meet up for awhile I would suggest you pick a time and a lounge to meet in where you would feel comfortable and we would be glad to drop by and meet with you. My wife enjoy meeting people of all ages but for your information we are both 50 if that makes any difference to you.
Old July 25th, 2003, 12:55 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Roll Call - 9/7 Paradise

PEB - thanks for the tips, and we'd love to meet you and anyone else interested. I found on the one cruise I have done (last year) that meeting on board some of the people from the board discussions was a lot of fun. Yes, let's pick a time and place as we get closer.

Soulpony, I'd definitely be interested in snorkeling, and also interested in avoiding the ship-sponsored tours. My husband may want to scuba every chance he gets, I think I want to scuba only once so I'd like to snorkel more. Belize sounds great, and I've also heard Roatan has the second largest reef in the world, which should be great, if it's true. I can't find out too much about it on line -- what have you seen?

Old July 25th, 2003, 01:18 PM
First Mate

Hi again. I can't wait for Sept. 7!! I feel like it's never going to get here! We've confirmed plans for Grand Cayman (we're booked with Nativeways to go to Stingray City which I think will be one of the most phenomenal experiences of my life!!). I'm especially excited by the fact that we will be interacting with wildlife in their natural environment - unlike the "dolphin swims" when they are in captivity. Ok, now that I've got that out of my system, I can move on. For Belize, we're still undecided - I also want to avoid the ship sponsored tours because they're just too crowded. Haven't fully decided on anything for Belize ( don't want cave tubing and my friend does not want to do too much snorkelling because he doesn't like water). Roatan - I have no idea but I want to have something booked before we go. Cozumel, I plan to just go on my own to Chakanab (sp?) park and do a little snorkelling, and then back to do some shopping. What do you all have planned for Roatan and Belize? By the sound of your messages, I would suspect that you'll be doing scuba/snorkelling. I would love to do some snorkelling in one of those places - if you could only pick one, which one would you suggest? As I said, I can't wait! 6 more weeks, 6 more weeks!
Old July 25th, 2003, 01:27 PM
Beginner

Readytogo - definitely e-mail soulpony if you're interested in snorkeling. I'll send you his address.

Old July 25th, 2003, 03:38 PM
soulpony

Readytogo:
I plan on going to San Pedro at Roatan with Caye Caulker as a backup. Both are supposed to be superb. I've even gotten a recommendation for which water taxi to use from my local dive shop manager (Thunderbird). I'v e also been warned to stay out of Belize City by a friend who lived there for a time.

Drop me a line if you wish. Part of the joy of this cruise for is toying with the possibilites (and room service !)

Perhaps we can meet aboard ship. Have you been on it before? We have not.

soulpony
Old July 25th, 2003, 04:23 PM
Joe Reynolds

If the Paradise is still a no smoking ship, they are very strict about it and will put you off if caught smoking or even have burnt cigarettes found in your cabin. The story they put a couple off the ship because their grandson was smoking. No refund, and find your own way home.
Old August 18th, 2003, 09:16 AM
eternal optimist

Also on board this sailing... two of us in our mid-50's. We plan to snorkel as well, and do independent shore excursions where possible. On an earlier sailing on the Imagination, I did the Stingray City excursion, and heartily recommend it. It is unforgettable.
Old August 18th, 2003, 10:51 AM
Captain

Eternal optimist if you are interested several of us are getting together on the Monday September 8 at 1:30 pm in the United States lounge. I do have that right don't I californiaamy and soulpony? We would be happy to meet you if you want to join in.
Old August 18th, 2003, 11:20 AM
Beginner

Peb --

all the board people are welcome! Thanks for mentioning it to eternal optomist!
Old August 18th, 2003, 11:25 AM
eternal optimist

Default Re: Re: Re: Roll Call - 9/7 Paradise

Absolutely! Thanks for the invite... we will see you there.

Karen
Old August 29th, 2003, 10:18 AM
Captain

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Roll Call - 9/7 Paradise

I'm out of here headed towards Miami for the start of our back to back on the Paradise. I look forward to meeting everyone onboard. Just keep an eye out for the big hairy ugly guy with the short lady with the leg brace and you will know who I am .
Old August 29th, 2003, 04:18 PM
soulpony

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Roll Call - 9/7 Paradise

Looking forward to meeting one and all.

For those interested in snorkeling I finally decided on Coralbreezelimited.com for Belize. They have excellent recommendations.

Roatan: we plan on getting a taxi to Foster's and walking up the beach to near Tabyana and entering the water there. I've found many pictures of the area and it looks wonderful.

Grand Cayman: We are just going to walk to Eden Rock out from Paradise Cafe, then shop in Georgetown.

Cozumel: Taxi to Chankanaab then maybe Mr. Sancho's.

We can discuss it over a cold drink on Monday at the United States bar at 1:30 PM. I'll be wearing a 'Quicksilver' baseball cap and a dark blue NC Archaeology Society T-shirt. I'm 6'3"- you can't miss me!
soulpony