Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 17th, 2003, 12:48 AM
mlbcruiser

Default Commode problems, etc.

I just read some passenger reviews on this board. Looked up several Carnival ships and repeatedly saw mention of problems w/toilets overflowing, etc. - even from people who weren't really complaining. Some were newer ships, too! Also hand dryers not working well. Why does this seem to be a recurring problem on Carnival ships? A friend had such problems on a Carnival cruise in Feb. I was on the Pride in March '02 and though she was only a few mos. old, our toilet stopped up twice in 2 days (yes, they did fix it in a reasonable amount of time, but once we had to wait overnight and couldn't flush) and NONE of the hand dryers on the ship worked. Ever. Maybe they need to find a different co. to build their ships if they repeatedly have problems in these areas???
Sponsored Links
Old July 17th, 2003, 08:40 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Commode problems, etc.

We were on the Celebration last month. One of the oldest ships in Carnival's fleet and recently renovated. We had no problems in any of the restrooms (stateroom or public). We never heard anyone say anything about problems with their toliets. This ship does not provide hair dryers.
Old July 17th, 2003, 08:45 AM
jamie gunter

We have never had problems on our two carnival ships we have been on. They did smell a little though, had to leave tiolet seat closed. We had one problem on Disney with the tiolet not flushing good, but they came and fixed it. You have to watch how much tiolet paper you try to flush, they arent like the tiolets you have in your house.
Old July 17th, 2003, 09:10 AM
Danp

Not really, there are 3000 people on a ship a week, with usually only around 1000 crew, and if its a cruise that leaves twice a week, thats 6000 passengers with only 1000 of the same crew. The crew cant possiably keep up. Bathrooms break because people put stuff in them that they shouldent... They break everywhere!
Old July 18th, 2003, 12:19 AM
mlbcruiser

Default Re: Re: Commode problems, etc.

I know that for sure WE did not put anything in our's., and it broke again the next day! Also, I just wondered because I read several different messageboards with reviews and that issue KEPT being mentioned on way too many Carnival ships. Then there was the hand dryer problem, which I saw mentioned on another ship's review just last nt., which prompted me to wonder. . . . .
Old July 18th, 2003, 10:27 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to CarnivalCruiserA Send a message via MSN to CarnivalCruiserA
Default Re: Re: Re: Commode problems, etc.

I've been on two Carnival ships, the Sensation & Triumph! No problems at all, the only thing that was kind of gross are the hallway carpets on the cabin floors, they have stains all on them. They should fix that.

Old July 18th, 2003, 11:10 AM
MichelleM

We had a problem with our toliet on the Destiny but it was because our neighbor tried to flush a tampon. Not really a ship design problem just something that the toliets aren't made to handle (and there is a big sign on the lid of the toliet and on the wall not to flush anything).
If one person tries to flush something in their cabin it doesn't just block up their toliet it blocks up all their neighbor's too.