Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 18th, 2003, 01:57 AM
Passenger

Default drink vouchers?

My husband and I just booked a cruise on the Paradise sailing August 10 of this year and I'm trying to do a little advance (or not-so-advance) planning.

It seems to me that several years ago it was possible to purchase some sort of voucher or drink coupons in advance of your sailing date. I thought these vouchers made the drink prices more affordable, but I may not be remembering this correctly.

Does anybody have any information on this?

Thanks much!
Sponsored Links
Old July 18th, 2003, 06:53 AM
jamie gunter

Default Re: drink vouchers?

Yes you can by them off Carnival.com. I am not sure on prices, but know they have them.
Old July 18th, 2003, 07:59 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to NDalfrey

The drink vouchers are 4 for $19.95, making them $4.95 per drink. My husband and I purchased some and it was my experiance that if your drink was under that price you just lost the extra, no credit, but if it was more than that they would charge it to your sail and sign card.

Have a great cruise!!

Carnival Elation
Old July 18th, 2003, 09:47 AM
Yeoman

go to carnival.com. choose gifts and services. then under specialty items they have drind, soda and photo coupon books you can choose. have a great cruise.
Old July 18th, 2003, 11:12 AM
MichelleM

You will save about $0.15 per drink if you get alcholic frozen drinks with the coupons (pina coladas, ect). If you buy beer or cheaper mixed drinks with the coupons you don't get credited the difference and if you want top shelf liqour you have to pay the difference.
Some people like to spread out the costs a little more but its not going to save you a bunch of money.
Old July 18th, 2003, 11:27 AM
Shipbound

My TA gave me drink Vouchers. I used them to buy pretty expensive drinks and was
never charged the extra cost to my sign and sale card. I really do not think the drink
severs care about what type of drink you order they are not getting a gratuity.

Gary
Old July 18th, 2003, 11:56 AM
Passenger

I found the section of the Carnival website some of you have referred to. Thank you! Of course, it leads me to other questions...

I see there are also soda coupons (4 for $6.80). On my last cruise, a couple at my dinner table had what they called a "fountain card" for unlimited soda. Does that no longer exist? Is it purchased in advance or on the ship?

Along with the beverage coupons, I also see photo coupons. Has anyone tried those? I can't recall the price of photos on the ship, but I have to assume these coupons are a deal.

Thanks all for your comments!
Old July 18th, 2003, 02:46 PM
MichelleM

They still sell the fountain soda cards, generally you can buy them at the pool bar starting the first day. The are $30 for a 7 day for those over 21 and $20 for those under 21.
We don't get them because the free lemonade, fruit punch, apple juice and iced tea is fine for the week.

With the photo vouchers check to see if they are for a specific sized picture or if it is just for a dollar amount. They sell both, our TA always gets us the $15 dollar amount photo coupon. But if they are for the specific sized pictures know ahead of time that most of the pictures are printed in the 8x10 size, only the informal pics are in the 5x7 size. We have bought loads of 8x10's but only about 1 5x7 just because we haven't really liked how they have come out. And if you don't like any of the little pictures you are stuck with a coupon for the next time.
Old July 18th, 2003, 11:39 PM
First Mate

We had 4 drink vouchers that came in our Anniversary gift pack. I bought pina colada's with them and never had to pay anything extra.

Old July 19th, 2003, 05:41 AM
Cruise Maniac

The 4 pack of drink coupons is $19.50 or $4.875 per drink. The price of the frozen drinks including tax and gratuity was $5.69 each last year on the Fantasy. (I still have a stack of the receipts). After doing the math and figuring that we will save $.815 per drink I went ahead and ordered 10 books of four. 40 drinks X .81 cents is a savings of $32.40.
Somehow it just does not seem like I should call it a savings. I guarantee that I will "buddy up" to a specific bartender and I will get Grey Goose/splash of OJ with my coupons also. (there goes my $32.40 for bribery purposes). Have you ever noticed that all the planning and talking about your next cruise is half the fun. Getting off the ship is always one of the most depressing days. Until you get home of course and book that next cruise. (Sensation 4/17/2004) (TBA Voyager OTS 10/2004 from NYC).

Have A Great DAY

MARINER OF THE SEAS 10/31/2004
Sensation 4/17/2004
SOS 4/2003
Fantasy 1991 AND 2002
GLORY 8/2003
Old July 19th, 2003, 12:09 PM
Myles

Do you remember what size these frozen drinks were or how did the size of these drinks compare with the Funship special drinks( the tall glasses with the garnish on top)? I guess what I am asking "Is it a better buy than refills in the Funship glasses"?