Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 21st, 2003, 01:51 PM
Passenger

Default Airport to Port Canaveral

Hi Everyone and thanks for the posts in advance! My family an I will be on the Glory on August 16. We will be arriving (eta) at the Orlando airport at 10:38 am. Any suggestions on the best ways to get to the port from there. Thanks again!!

Carnival Glory

Sponsored Links
Old July 21st, 2003, 02:37 PM
suzys

Default Re: Airport to Port Canaveral

We just got back on Saturday and would highly recommend One Family Transportation they picked us up at the airport last Sunday and brought us from the pier this past Sat and took us to the airport - extremely courteous and provided excellent service. They're number is 877 851-7871 and ask for Fred - you can tell them that Suzann Schneider recommended them (they also provided a private car).
Old July 21st, 2003, 02:56 PM
nancyh

Default Re: Re: Airport to Port Canaveral

Was this less expensive than the transfer offered by Carnival, or was it just more convenient? Did you find this service on line, or must they be contacted by phone?
Thanks for the info. Amazing the things one can learn on the message board!
Old July 21st, 2003, 10:18 PM
Sooshie

There is a shuttle service that we used in the fall of 2001 called Omni tran. They charged us $110 round trip for 6 passengers. www.omnitrans.net. The were very nice, reliable and friendly drivers. They were right where they were supposed to be at the right time.
Old July 22nd, 2003, 06:45 AM
suzys

Default Re: Re: Re: Airport to Port Canaveral

It was $125 roundtrip for two in a private car. They also have a van service too. I found this on another board.
Old July 22nd, 2003, 09:36 AM
ron0219

Hi,

Here's another option for you to consider. My wife and I and another couple shared a rental van from Avis. We arrived in Orlando about 10:00 AM and were out the door about an hour later. It took about an hour to get to the Radison. It's an easy drive. We used Avis because we were spending Friday night at the Radison and they have an Avis office on site. It cost about the same as the Carnival transfers once we split the cost.and we were able to use the van for some sightseeing on Friday and taking all the luggage to the ship Saturday morning. We dropped the ladies off at the ship with the luggae, drove back to the hotel (10 minutes) and got the Avis shuttle back to the ship. It worked out great. Coming back, we got a cab to the hotel ($15 with tip), picked up another van and went back to the ship and got the ladies and luggage and since we had a 6 pm flight home we got to use the van for some more sight seeing. If you want any more info on it, drop me a line.