Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 21st, 2003, 01:57 PM
Passenger

Default Glory August 16, Who is going??

Glory August 16, still shocked at only one other group that I have seen posted that they were on this cruise? Any one else?
Family of myself 43, wife 38, boys 8, 10 and 11. First timers here! Thanks.
Jonathan

Carnival Glory

Sponsored Links
Old July 21st, 2003, 04:10 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Glory August 16, Who is going??

Looks like its just us, Jonathan. However, I did find 3 other groups on another board. Looks like the ship is almost full, too. There were only inside cabins left on Travelocity- so there must be a few other people going!

Karen

Carnival Glory- 8/16/03
Old July 22nd, 2003, 10:09 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Glory August 16, Who is going??

My family are also booked on the Aug 16th cruise...haven't told my wife yet...hope she is suprised.

Rick
Old July 22nd, 2003, 10:17 AM
Cruise Maniac

Rick-
That's great- I'm sure she will LOVE the surprise! I am also surprising my family. My sister and I are taking my 2 boys (ages 11 and 13), but they don't know yet either. Not telling them until we drive into Florida!

Have a great time!

Karen

Carnival Glory- 8/16/03
Old July 22nd, 2003, 10:34 AM
Passenger

I have been thinking about when to tell my wife...on one hand I want to suprise her..but on the other hand I don't want to be in the dog house for keeping a secret to long. She thinks we are taking a couple of days off for a trip to a local lake, but I have cleared the whole week with her boss, and my inlaws will be watching our house and cats. It good to here there will be other kids on board...we are taking my 9 year old son. I am really looking forward to the expanded Kids section on this ship. Hope to see you on board!

Rick
Old July 22nd, 2003, 11:43 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Glory August 16, Who is going??

Weee another family! I just realised that I posted one of my middle child's age wrong...he is 9, so that makes it 8, 9 and 11 ahhh who can keep up? Maybe you guys did it right! Wish I hadn't told the kids!! What a great surprise! Rick, is this going to be your first cruise too??

Carnival Glory

Old July 22nd, 2003, 12:55 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Glory August 16, Who is going??

Not Quite my first...this will be number 14 and my 5th carnival cruise...However it is my first cruise in four years. Last one was on RCCL's Voyager of the Sea. One of the reasons I selected this cruise was the new ship and the ports of call...I have been to cozumel many times, but Belize will certainly be interesting. I am not going to tell my son CJ until a week before....If I did it any sooner he would pester me to death until we leave. This will be his third cruise if you don't count the cruise he was conceived on, but that's quite another story. I am glad to see that there are going to be some Kid's on board near his age. I think(hope) they will have all the kinks worked out of the new ship by the time Aug 16th rolls around.

Rick
Old July 22nd, 2003, 12:59 PM
Cruise Maniac

Rick-
I think you should atleast give your wife a day or two notice to make sure she has enough clothes and travel necessities. I know that I would feel really out of place if I got to the ship and I didn't have a nice dress to wear for the formal dinners- or if I had only packed for 4 days, but we were away for 8. You know us girls- we always have too many things to pack!

On the otehr hand, if you know she has enough clothing to pack and you know that she won't freak out if she's missing something- then tell her on the way there!

Karen

Carnival Glory- 8/16/03
Old July 22nd, 2003, 01:03 PM
Cruise Maniac

Rick-
We are taking a private wildlife and snorkeling tour in Belize. We have room for up to 4 more people if you'd like to join us. E-mail me if you want details.

Jonathan-
Same offer to you, but I know you have more than 4 people. They gave us a price for private boat for up to 8 people, but they may have room for more at an additional cost.

Karen

Carnival Glory- 8/16/03
Old July 22nd, 2003, 11:20 PM
Passenger

Hi K,
Thanks for the offer. You guys may be more adventurous than us. Actually I forgot that Grampa (my Dad) was coming with us too. Of course I don't think he will step off the boat! Not the outdoorsman! Any way I have to be real careful with the excursions we choose because of the 8 year old. A real pain in the.........so did you get a good deal?? I was thinking about arranging some things beforehand like the Dolphin swim in Cozumel but I started to wonder...being the big Hurricane season and all I would hate to prepay for 5 of us to do that at about $115 each and then watch us sail right by the place. Do you get refunded if you never get there. So many things to think about!!!

Carnival Glory

Old July 23rd, 2003, 06:24 PM
Cruise Maniac

Jonathan,
Hi! Our Belize excursion is a little pricier than the ship's excursions, but it is worth it to us to see the wildlife and ocean creatures in a quieter more personal way. The company that we chose WILL refund our money if the ship does not dock due to weather or other issues- so we feel pretty confident about our trip.

You may want to check the dolphin swim and see what their refund policy is. If they don't refund then maybe you can wait until that week to book to get a better idea of the weather- but nothing weather related is guaranteed.

Believe me- I sympathize with you trying to please all of your kids (at least I only have 2 children with totally different personalities). I'm sure they will have a great time regardless of what you choose to do!

That count-down clock is getting smaller pretty fast!

Karen

Carnival Glory- 8/16/03