CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   bottled water (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/191631-bottled-water.html)

lynn 40 July 21st, 2003 10:22 PM

bottled water

i am a first time cruiser. does anyone know if you can take bottled water aboard the ship? what about bottles or cans of soda? just checking because i like to drink caffeine free.
thanks

jedgar July 21st, 2003 10:34 PM

Re: bottled water

Am I allowed to bring my own beverages onboard?
Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board. Fine wine or champagne may be brought on board during embarkation at the beginning of the cruise only. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the dining room.

Guests may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages. Excessive quantities, to be determined at the discretion of security and/or embarkation personnel, will be confiscated and retained by Carnival until the cruise is completed.

Guests may purchase a variety of beverages onboard the ship. Alcoholic beverages will not be sold or served to anyone under the age of 21. We reserve the right to refuse the sale of alcoholic beverages to anyone. Alcoholic beverages purchased in the ship's gift shop or in ports of call will be retained by Carnival until the end of the voyage.

Note: The legal drinking age onboard is 21 and is strictly enforced. We do not allow the purchase of drinks or bottles of liquor by adults for minors. Possession of alcohol by a minor will not be tolerated and any found will be confiscated, even if found in cabin.

SnowWhiteNYC July 22nd, 2003 07:06 AM

My husband and I always bring on board a case each of our favorite soda and a case of bottled water. We have always carried on a cooler and on the first day asked the room steward for extra ice. We have never had a problem and the steward has always been accomodating....

Enjoy!

JSolis July 22nd, 2003 05:44 PM

SnowWhiteNYC what cruiseline were you aboard?

SnowWhiteNYC July 24th, 2003 02:01 PM

Re: Re: bottled water

Have always sailed on Carnival and have never had trouble. Never had to "sneak"
It's been great

mbuckellew July 25th, 2003 10:11 AM

FYI since you mentioned the reason you want to bring beverages on board is because you don't drink caffeine. I stay away from caffeine as well.

On the Lido deck you'll find free fruit punch, lemonade, juice, milk, and water, as well as decaf coffee and hot chocolate. The tap water in your bathroom is also safe to drink (and delicious) as it is simply desalinized sea water.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Michelle B.

Joe Reynolds July 25th, 2003 03:30 PM

Re: Re: Re: bottled water

I have seen a friend have his bottle taken away from him when checking in and returned to him at the end of the cruise.

Jim Bragg July 25th, 2003 03:33 PM

Re: Re: bottled water

Joe,
You are talking about a bottle of booze and that is published as not being allowed. Water and soda are fine.
Jim