CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/index.php)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=246)
-   -   reservations through carnival (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/showthread.php?t=191651)

lovestheocean July 23rd, 2003 09:36 AM

reservations through carnival

Hi, Can anyone recommend a customer service representative at carnival to make reservations? I rember seeing post regarding helpful people at carnival and would like to contact them for future reservations. Thanks!

runner1909 July 23rd, 2003 11:23 AM

Re: reservations through carnival

Gur (pronounced "Gore") is especially helpful, always trying to get the best deal, etc. I do not have his extension # with me now, but try to post it later.

mbuckellew July 23rd, 2003 01:30 PM

The agents may be helpful, but I think you will get a better deal price-wise by using a travel agent. Shop around to local agencies and the internet and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Cheers,
Michelle B.

mkend2000 July 23rd, 2003 04:44 PM

We talk to Thomas Burke, he promises to get you the best deal, I like dealing directly with Carnival. I hear alot of people don't but so far so good!

txtodd July 23rd, 2003 04:48 PM

When I booked my cruise I did everything on-line through the Carnival web page. Granted, I don't go on my cruise until Aug. 2 so I may have booked a janitor's closet for my cabin assignment!lol

But I did shop around on other sites and called several travel agents, no one came within $100 of the price I got going directly through Carnival.

kimberly July 23rd, 2003 04:54 PM

I looking to make reservations as well...does anybody know anything about Cruise Locators? Also, I have seen post about Kim's Cruises or something like that...does anyone know the web site? Thanks, kim

FlyingJs July 23rd, 2003 05:00 PM

I used Topsailcruises, looked at 10 others, Carnival and TA's couldn't come close to the price I got. Then when the price dropped I go a really good upgrade, then the price went back up higher than what I originall purchsed it at, all in all worked real well and Nancy is really great!

cherylm July 23rd, 2003 06:40 PM

Hey I go through cruisesonly.com, my agent is Stuart Arrow tell him Cheryl McMillan sent you and he will give you the best deal.

Cheryl

runner1909 July 24th, 2003 05:00 PM

Here's Gur's # at Carnival: 1-800-819-3902 x82534. I have always had good fortune dealing direct witht he cruise lines.

njdave July 24th, 2003 05:18 PM

Re: Re: reservations through carnival

Robin Rosenberg at Carnival is awesome. I book way ahead and she automatically checks for price drops once a month for me. I booked a cruise on the Fantasy last year and when I found the price cheaper at Icruise.com Robin transferred the res over to them.
ROBIN ROSENBERG 1-800-819-3902 x82413 ([email protected])
not only is she awesome but I think I want to marry her!
You can tell her that if you talk to her.

lovestheocean July 25th, 2003 07:38 AM

Thank you Everyone!!! I will definitely be using your advice to find the best price for my cruise. We are thinking between a 4 day and a week and I want to be able to compare the prices. Thanks again! Leslie

Jecca July 25th, 2003 11:09 AM

Cheryl--

Have you had good luck with that site? I believe it's the same as cruisesinc.com as well. I've been shopping around online and finding some great deals. But I'm nervous b/c of mixed messages I received from experienced cruisers about booking online vs. through a TA/cruiseline. Any advice? Bad or good experiences involved?

Thanks a lot! Looking to be a first-time cruiser!

Jessica
Oklahoma

Jecca July 25th, 2003 11:12 AM

FlyingJs--

I hadn't heard of topsailscruises.com. I looked at their site and the price they listed is the lowest so far. How many cruises have you booked through them? I've been shopping online, but I'm wary to book b/c of advice on both sides--online booking vs. TA/cruiseline. Any advice you could give would be really helpful. Looking at going in February with a couple friends to Cozumel on 5-nighter.

Thanks for your help!

Jessica
Oklahoma