Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 24th, 2003, 03:20 PM
Beginner

Default ROLL CALL VICTORY 9/6

Is anyone going on the Carnival Victory 9/6 to New England and Canada. Would like to hear from others who have gone during this time of year--weather? rough water? etc.
Sponsored Links
Old July 31st, 2003, 11:54 PM
Bernice

Default Re: ROLL CALL VICTORY 9/6

My husband and are booked on the Victory 9/6, friends of mine who have taken this cruise in the past did not mention anything about rough seas, but said the ship was great and good shore excursions, We are looking forward to this cruise because we live in NY and do not have to fly to catch a ship. Would love to here from you.
Old August 1st, 2003, 07:27 AM
Beginner

I live in Newport, R.I.. My first carnival cruise was to Canada on the Fascination.
The weather is different here our motto here is " if you dont like the weather wait a minute and it will change".
With that said keep in mind its not the carribean bring sweatshirts and pants days can be hot and nights cool.
More ships are making stops here in Newport a beautiful tourist town.
Beaches are nice if weather is good seas are pretty calm.
We do get a lot of seaweed also know as red tide.
Any other questions please let me know.
Kevin
Old August 1st, 2003, 11:06 AM
Passenger

Hi bjmorgan!

We just returned from the 5-day New York to Maritime Canada cruise on the Victory (7/26/03 sailing) and had the most amazing time!!

Weather in that region is incredibly unpredictable. Your experience in early September might be quite different than ours in late July, of course, but the day before our sailing, I checked the weather in Saint John and Halifax and it looked as though it would be about 65 degrees and rainy/foggy. However, we had absolutely idyllic weather the entire cruise!!! Never a drop of rain, temperature hovering around 75 degrees, no humidity, cloudless, sunny skies! We were so thrilled with the gorgeous weather, and hope you are similarly blessed! I'm very jealous that you get two extra days, of course. :-)

The ship definitely rocked a bit during our cruise. Waves were considered moderate and 4.5-7 meters (gotta love the Captain's Log on the stateroom TV!) on average, and it was actually a little rougher than I'm used to the first night out of New York. After the first night, though, I got used to it, and grew to enjoy the motion and gentle rocking, especially at bedtime. After that first night, I did not hear any other passengers complain about the ship's motion. The trip back from Halifax was actually quite smooth and gentle, with calm seas and wave heights of 0-3 meters. Check the Captain's Log every day and you'll know what to expect. :-)

You will absolutely love your cruise, and the Victory is our favorite ship so far! Halifax is an especially interesting and beautiful city. I would like to recommend Bob MacLintock's "Tour by Taxi" instead of a Carnival shore excursion. We took his four-hour tour of Halifax and Peggy's Cove for US$140.00 total, and travelling with a private guide is soooooo much more comfortable and relaxing than sitting on a tour bus, in my opinion. Also, Bob is so knowledgeable about Halifax, and is an amazing guide. He took us to two gorgeous, small fishing communities on the way to Peggy's Cove that no bus could ever get to. He allowed us plenty of time to take photographs and wander, and dropped us off at the Halifax Public Gardens, which is a wonderful, serene way to end your tour of this beautiful, cosmopolitan city. Here's his website if you are interested; tell him Jen and Pete from Cincinnati sent you if you decide to use him!

http://www.tourbytaxi.com

Have a wonderful cruise!!!!
- Jen
Old August 6th, 2003, 12:48 AM
Betty Jo

Default Re: Re: ROLL CALL VICTORY 9/6

Thanks for your reply. We are so very excited about going. I am the only one of the 4 who have been on a cruise (Celebration out of New Orleans to Caribbean 5 years ago). We are from Texas and are looking forward to meeting new people as we do love to visit. Hope to see you on board.
Old August 6th, 2003, 05:30 PM
rrh

bj - we are scheduled for the same cruise two weeks after yours. I will be very interested to hear from you the week after you return and get your up to date review of the cruise, things to do and not do. Good luck