Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 25th, 2003, 01:14 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to YankeesBrat
Default Carlos 'n' Charlies or Senor Frogs?

Hiya! Are Carlos and Charlies and/or Senor Frogs located near the pier where the Conquest docks in Cozumel? If they are both close, which is better? We are a group of 25-28 year olds...

Any information you could provide would be great Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old July 25th, 2003, 07:06 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Carlos 'n' Charlies or Senor Frogs?

Don't know which is better but if I remember correctly, they are right next to each other. We were on Victory so not sure if you dock at the same pier.

Doug

Victory 4/13/03
Old July 25th, 2003, 07:21 AM
Admiral

Go to both!
Old July 25th, 2003, 08:55 AM
Christopher

Default Re: Re: Carlos 'n' Charlies or Senor Frogs?

IMO Carlos and Charlies is THE place to go... especially for your age group. It's a lot more fun. When we went to Carlos and Charlies a lot of the ships crew were there too.
Old July 25th, 2003, 09:08 AM
Andrea A

I did Carlos and Charlie's in Cozumel also......... and from what I remember of it, I had a blast. There is also (or was a few years ago when I went) a Fiesta Party Boat excusion through Carnival. This was my favorite day on the cruise :-) We did the party boat, where they pour drinks down your throat.. drop you off at a beach (and bring the bar with them)... and then you drink some more on the boat ride back. THEN we went to Carlos and Charlie's..... which is why it's a little blurry. All in all... fun, yet crazy day...... BEWARE of the pier going back to the boat though.. nothing stopping you from falling in. Saw a few almost take a swim there.
Old July 25th, 2003, 09:36 AM
Admiral

Just for information, Conquest will dock about 3 miles south of the main town at the
Puerta Maya. If I remember correctly, there is a Sr Frogs across the road from the pier. C&C has at least one location in the city. Take a taxi.

Steve

Until Enchantment.
Until Inspiration
Sensation 2/03
Old July 25th, 2003, 10:35 AM
geegee

Carlo's n' Charlies had okay food, but be aware of the whistleblowing shot girls that approach you and pour you shots. the first time we went, the shot girl approached us shortly after being seated, she was pushy about offering us a shot, of course, we were a little fuzzy after being on the Fiesta Party Boat that morning, so we really didn't want to drink anymore, what really p****ed me off was after the shots, quit unexpectedly, she say, "That'll be $6"...I don't mind the money, I was on vacation, but, I felt like it was forced on us...another shot girl approached us afterward, and after much insistence that we didn't want anything, she went away. Just beware...
Old July 25th, 2003, 11:07 AM
Admiral

It depends on where you dock. If you are at the pier at which most Carnival ships dock, Carlos 'n' Charlie's is a short taxi ride away, and there is a Senor Frog's right at the pier.

Cheers,
Michelle B.

Old July 25th, 2003, 12:21 PM
Familiar Face

Hey watch the age --------------

My husband & I are in our 50's (we have never acted or looked it) and we l o v e C&C and
Senor Frogs.

We will be on the Triumph 9/6. Haven't been to these places since 2000 in Aruba.
Hey go to both they are fun. If you are a table dancer they are even better!!!!!

Old July 25th, 2003, 01:05 PM
Honeybee

Been to Cozumel 3 times and each time spent many hours at Carlos n Charlies...there is always a party crowd there!
Old July 25th, 2003, 01:08 PM
Admiral

C&C's is almost in town. People keep saying it is right at the pier but I certainly could not find it there, just Senor Frogs at the pier. The new C&C's is downtown and has more room than the old one and no second story overlooks to the town but it is still a great place and I personally think it is more fun than Senor Frogs but both are great.
Jim

Old July 25th, 2003, 04:50 PM
anita kennedy

If you go to yahoo and put in carlos and charlies cozumel you will get to a site that shows you a picture of the inside and also senor frogs. It is upstairs from carlos and charlie's. There is also senor frogs by the pier but this is the biggest one. check it out.
Old July 26th, 2003, 09:29 AM
Familiar Face

Thank you Anita - My husband & I love Carlos & Charlies and Senor Frogs but have never been to the web site. Enjoyed!!!!

Old July 26th, 2003, 11:06 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to mcFROG2

hey it's me Senor Frog........
just had to interject that one...lol
I prefer C&C myself...but like both places

Old July 26th, 2003, 12:26 PM
Beginner

Send a message via MSN to Jeremiah

To be totally honest - stay away - both of these places are so AMERCIANIZED - its not even funny. Its like being in the US. If you go to MEX, you need to do traditional MEX things.... I was so diasppointed and the food totally sucked. The nachos were like movie theatre Nachos - trust me these places sucked......why would anyone go to mexico and visit an practically American bar - whats the point???

JP
Old July 26th, 2003, 01:18 PM
anita kennedy

Default Re: Re: Carlos 'n' Charlies or Senor Frogs?

I went to see what it was about since I had heard about it. It is not noted for the food. Need I say more. YOU make the party. Do it last...that day. Its not for everyone. I probably won't go again but I went.
Old July 26th, 2003, 03:35 PM
Captain

we went to get a t-shirt last trip and stayed 5 hours...ouch!!! But C&C was alot of fun....

Sensation

Old July 26th, 2003, 04:24 PM
Cruise Maniac

We sailed on the June 22 Sailing of the Conqest.

Hello Anita, I have not been on the Board for awhile.

Apparently there are TWO Senor Frogs and One Carlos and Charlie's in Cozumel.

When we sailed into Cozumel, we noticed a Senor Frogs building, but somehow, when we asked the taxi driver to take us to Senor Frogs and Charlos and Charlies, we asked to go in the downtown direction.

Anyway, Carlos and Charlies and Senor Frogs are in the same building within a Mall (in the downtown area ,but it may not actually be considered downtown). C&C is on the first floor and SF is upstairs. We purchased some tee-shirts for our son and his girlfriend and then started walking towards the downtown shopping area as the rain came down in a steady downpour..

Since we have been to Cancun many times, we previously visited SF, so we did not spend time there and tried to shop and stay dry.

When we got back to the Conquest, we realized the other Senor Frogs building was at the next Pier where the Royal Carribean's Voyager of Sea was docked. In order to get to that area, we would have to pass our Pier (there is also a long building on the Pier with various shops) and continue towards and through the next Shopping MALL area. Then we would have (to take a short taxi ride) to walk towards the Royal Caribbean Pier. I'm sure with all the walking it would have been about a 1 mile walk. However, if you are interested in just going to SR, the you may want to check the SF.

Frankly, as we left the Ship, we just did not pay attention to the Senor Frogs Building. Not sure what it is like there. Those passengers on the Royal Caribbean must have had easy access to this SF.

Just as you leave the Conquest Pier area (and you can shop in this long building area), there is a Fat Tuesday's Bar which is part of the next Shopping Mall. .

Both Carlos and Charlies and SF did not look busy when we got there around 11 a.m.

Have a Great Cruise. We enjoyed our cruise.
Old July 26th, 2003, 04:32 PM
Cruise Maniac

Also, the taxi ride to the Senor Frogs/Charlos and Charlies Building is $6. From this area, you can continue walking towards the shops in what is considered the downtown area.

The other Senor Frogs Building (at the Royla Caribbean Pier) seemed to be about a 1 mile walk from the Conquest. You could probably take a taxi from the Conquest area to the Royal Caribbean Area, but the distance in the taxi would probably be extremely short.