Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 26th, 2003, 10:15 PM
Passenger

Default Celebration 8/11/03?

Who else will be cruising on this ship?
Sponsored Links
Old August 5th, 2003, 12:24 PM
rockwallroses

Default Re: Celebration 8/11/03?

we will be on Celebration with my wife,2 kids, and my parents!!!!!!
Old August 6th, 2003, 06:18 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Celebration 8/11/03?

That's cool! It's my husband and myself and it is our 1st cruise. We're excited and a little nervous. We're from San Antonio, where are you coming from?
Old August 8th, 2003, 03:39 PM
rockwallroses

Default Re: Re: Re: Celebration 8/11/03?

We are from Rockwall,TX a suburb of Dallas. We have been on Celebration 2 times before and it is a fun time. Let me know if you have any questions.
Tim and Stacy
Old August 8th, 2003, 07:45 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Celebration 8/11/03?

Hi Tim & Stacy,
My name is Tamar and my husband's name is Stacy! I do have a couple of questions....what is there to do in Cozumel and Playa de Carmen? We don't want to spend alot of money on shore excursions. And also, did you guys have any bouts with seasickness? I bought some dramamine and got the rx patch. Hopefully that should take care of any sickness.
Old August 9th, 2003, 09:05 AM
rockwallroses

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Celebration 8/11/03?

Hi there!

We have never had any trouble with seasickness at all. I have checked the marine weather for our time and it looks to be smooth. We love playa del carmen. Our plan was to go to Excret, but it cost 40-50 dollars. We have changed our minds and I think we are going to order some sandwiches from room service and just go to the beach and enjoy it with the kids. The shopping is much better in our opinion in Playa than Cozumel. In Cozumel we are going to Chankanaab to snorkel and explore a few ruins. Chankanaab is really a neat place. It cost around $10 to get in. You will have a great time on this cruise. The ship is older but very nice since being refurbished. We will need to meet on ship and see how you are enjoying the cruise. Celebration is our favorite ship we have sailed on. Have fun and let us know if you have other questions.

Tim and Stacy
Old August 9th, 2003, 12:34 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Celebration 8/11/03?

Hello Tim and Stacy,
Thanks for the info. We were thinking about going to Chankanaab park as well. We'll probably just hang out and shop in Cozumel befor or after the park visit. In Playa Del Carmen we are going to an all inclusive resort called Xel-ha. It was $93.50 for both of us. Have you heard of this park? I am both nervous and excited about this cruise. I guess because it's our 1st cruise we don't know what to expect and that's what makes me nervous. You've been very helpful, thanks a lot. And we would love to meet to give you guys an update. We're on the Main deck, how about you?
Old August 9th, 2003, 01:18 PM
rockwallroses

Default Re: Celebration 8/11/03?

We are on the upper deck, that is where we have been the past 2 times. We have heard Xel-Ha is beautiful. We are finished packing and ready to go.
Be careful driving and have fun.

Tim And Stacy
Old August 9th, 2003, 01:41 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Celebration 8/11/03?

If you're prone to seasickness, you'd want to take something before riding the ferry from Cozumel to the mainland. It's a wonderful trip but if you're affected by motion, this is where it'd happen.

Old August 9th, 2003, 06:49 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Celebration 8/11/03?

You do the same. Thanks again. Maybe we'll cross paths on board.