Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 29th, 2003, 02:26 AM
cruiseluva62886

Default Carnival Past Guest Festival Party

i was reading in the cruise reviews on this website and the site said that on the 7 day or longer cruises..they have a "festivale party" for past guests..i was just wondering what this "party" was..what goes on there..things to do, etc.
Sponsored Links
Old July 29th, 2003, 03:13 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Carnival Past Guest Festival Party

It is basically a carbon copy of the captains cocktail party - but I dont think they introduce the staff. Free food, free drinks, and music. I just recently went on a 4 day cruise and was disappointed that I wasnt invited - come to find out they only have it on 5 day cruises or longer. You will receive an invitation under your door as to when and where it will take place.

Last year, on the Victory I believe, they actually had a slide show of Carnival from past to present during the cocktail party. And of course, they thanked everyone for their patronage.
Old July 29th, 2003, 06:15 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Carnival Past Guest Festival Party

As Virginia said, they slide an invitation under your door. We didn't make the Captains cocktail party so can't compare but it was free food (appetizers) and free drinks and music. Then they thanked everyone and had a slide show on the history of Carnival and an update on the future (i.e. new boats, etc).

Doug

Victory 4/13/03
Old July 29th, 2003, 04:06 PM
Admiral

Just a party they hold where they introduce the crew and the captain comes....free food, drinks, etc.....PARTY PARTY

Old July 29th, 2003, 04:24 PM
Kar06

Its just like the Captain's cocktail party, free drinks & some appetizers, etc...in one of the lounges usually. Its smaller than the captains party though.
Old July 30th, 2003, 02:16 PM
jamie gunter

Our captain appeared to have a few to many drinks at our past guest party!!! It was nice, free alcohol!!
Old August 12th, 2003, 12:18 AM
Passenger

The recent past guest party I went to was actually pretty nice! It was held in a large lounge, a lot of crew there, band played music, appetizers were passed. The bar was a totally open bar. Servers walked around with trays of drinks BUT you could order anything you wanted.....i got an apple martini to go on my way out the door and took it to dinner

HomePort Cruising - NCL Dawn 4/28/01 - Me and My Kids

Carnival Triumph 4/03 Family
Carnival Destiny 7/03 Solo

1 More in the Works for 2004 (Solo)
1 More "Quickie" for 2003 (Solo)
Old August 12th, 2003, 11:37 AM
First Mate

We got a choice of white or red wine at our party, darn I wanna go on the ship with the open bar!!!!!

Old August 12th, 2003, 11:47 AM
anita kennedy

We went to a party on the conquest. I don't even remember what it was for just read free drinks and apetizers. There was music, apetizers and drinks. But nobody was there but the people attending. No one introduced themselves just people driking and having fun. Kind of weird I thought to be called a party.
Old August 13th, 2003, 07:24 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Carnival Past Guest Festival Party

How do you dress for this past guest party? Is it formal and is it usually held just before dinner, or at another time of the day? We are leaving in 1 1/2 weeks and am curious to find this info out. Thanks.
Old August 13th, 2003, 07:32 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Carnival Past Guest Festival Party

We had ours on formal night so we were already dressed up. It was before dinner for us as our dinner was late seating...We had champagne and drinks and h'orderves.
You get some of the crew introduced to you and the captain. It was in the lounge and it was really packed so get there early!

Old August 14th, 2003, 12:37 PM
MichelleM

We have had different types of drinks being served at the various past guest parties we have been to.

We have had 2 were the servers had various mixed drinks they were bringing around.
We had one that was dessert type drinks (grasshoppers, ect)
And one that was a wine and cheese party.

The one that was a wine and cheese party was because over half the ship was returning cruisers and it was in the main show lounge.

The one parties with the mixed drinks were the best in my opinion. I found my new favorite mixed drink at that party, midori melon ball.
Old August 14th, 2003, 01:44 PM
BCMOM

Hi...here's a question...Does Carnival know that you are a past guest just by their computer records of your names in their computer system...or is it up to your TA to let Carnival know you are past guests? Thanks for the help!
Old August 14th, 2003, 04:43 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to -Rob

They had it on our 5 day as well as our 7.... but the 5 day was our second Carnival cruise. The 1st was a 4. Maybe thats new about the 7 day or longer things. If you havent sailed on Carnival, check that you have on your boarding pass. If you check yes, you will get invited to the party. We sailed with people on the Pride this summer that had never sailed carnival, they checked yes, they got an ivitation!! On the invitation it says, according to our records..... records my ***.

Rob
Old August 20th, 2003, 08:37 AM
CactusCruise

I think people are confusing the "Captain's Cocktail Party" and the "Past Guest" party. They're two different events. The "Captain's Party" usually takes place on the first formal night before dinner. The "Past Guest" party is later in the cruise. You should let Carnival know when you make your reservastion that you are a "Past Guest" and supply them with your "Past Guest" number. Most TA's and on-line bookings services ask for this information.