Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 4th, 2003, 04:13 PM
debber

Default Re: Carnival Glory August 16 roll call

Do not worry about your teens at Camp Carnival, we went on the Victory with our teen daughter 14.. son 13 and 9 year old. The Kids seemed to have a better time than my wife and I did. Do not be to shocked to see your teen on tv the next morning (like my wife and I were) having fun and enjoying the night life that we missed,, My wife and I will be hitting the Glory when you all get off on the 23rd. Yes you read right,,,, my wife and I.. 10 years together this year, so we are treating ourselves to a quiet week at sea,, (hopefully not too quiet) Enjoy the cruise all and save some of that great ice cream for me....

Matt
Old August 4th, 2003, 09:56 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Carnival Glory August 16 roll call

Congrats on the 10 th Matt....I was a hopeless romantic on our tenth....booked the same cabin on RCL's SOS that we had on our honeymoon 10 years earlier...then RCL upgraded us to their suites. The one and only time I "did not" want a upgrade and they gave me a big one.

Rick
Old August 5th, 2003, 10:20 AM
Passenger

Here is one that I had not seen till today........

http://www.supercruise.net/joannes_r...val_glory.html

Carnival Glory

Old August 5th, 2003, 12:34 PM
Passenger

Hey Guys
I just got word that the Dolphin Swim in Cozumel is totally sold out for the day we are there. Any suggestions, my kids will be dissapointed! Do they have it anywhere else we will be??

Carnival Glory

Old August 5th, 2003, 01:32 PM
Cruise Maniac

Jonathan,
Too bad about the dolphins. Xcaret also has a dolphin swim program. Their site is http://www.xcaretcancun.com/index.html. Carnival offers an excursion to Xcaret on their website, but I didn't see it on the list of excursions that you sent me- so you might want to call Carnival and see if they still offer it.

I believe that Sea World in Orlando also offers a swim with the dolphins program if you can do it either before or after the cruise.

Otherwise, you can still "see" the dolphins at Chankanaab. From what I understand, visitors are welcome to stand next to the enclosure and watch the activities. Plus it is still supposed to be a beautiful park with great snorkeling and natural wildlife.

Good luck!
Karen

Carnival Glory- 8/16/03
Old August 5th, 2003, 04:11 PM
Passenger

Hi K,
Where is Xcaret, I suppose we will still go to Chankanaab Park...sounds like fun, maybe do the dolphins another time...don't think we want to do the encounter program that Carnival offers....thanks....sigh...

Carnival Glory

Old August 5th, 2003, 05:53 PM
Passenger

Jonathan,
I replied to you other thread....Found you a dolphin place in Key West and Chipburger says that you can do the carnival thing through the TV(both the encounter and swim)...however it does look $$$$

Rick
Old August 5th, 2003, 06:01 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Carnival Glory August 16 roll call

Jonathan,
Scratch that keywest suggestion....I just took a look at the prices and picked myself up off the floor. For what they charge you should be adopting the dolphin.

rk
Old August 5th, 2003, 06:05 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Carnival Glory August 16 roll call

Folks,
Its interesting to note that there still is space for the 8/09/03 glory cruise....cats 8a and 11 cabins left. Our cruise is sold out.....and...<IMHO>all the cool people will be aboard for the 8/16 cruise.

Rick
Old August 5th, 2003, 07:03 PM
Cruise Maniac

Yeah, I saw the prices for the Key West swim and decided not to even mention it.

Xcaret is not in Cozumel. I don't know the name of the town, but you have to take a ferry to the mainland and then go south for what looks like about 20 miles. It is also an eco-park like Chankanaab, but much pricier and they offer many more activities.

We'll probably go to both Nachi Cocum and Chankanaab.

Rick- You're right, the 8/16 sailing has to be the best!

Karen

Carnival Glory- 8/16/03
Old August 5th, 2003, 08:13 PM
Passenger

Thanks everyone. I guess I will try to book for the swim when we get on board...if no go we will still go to the park!! Thanks again for all of the info...and this is the cool cruise, just ask my kids!

Jonathan

Carnival Glory

Old August 5th, 2003, 09:48 PM
Cruise Maniac

Wish I could ask my kids- waiting to tell them is driving me crazy!

Karen

Carnival Glory- 8/16/03
Old August 6th, 2003, 07:49 AM
Passenger

You have come this far....don't tell them until you get on!

Carnival Glory

Old August 6th, 2003, 02:01 PM
Passenger

Hello Folks,
Some of you might or might not be aware that the cc board is going to have a informal meet and greet sunday morning at 9:00 am Platinum dining room....I post over there also and will attend. Those of you who want to come along from here are I am sure also most welcome.

Rick
Old August 6th, 2003, 02:42 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks Rick, I was going to let Jonathan and anyone else interested know about the Sunday morning meeting. Nice group of cruisers also over on the other board. Email me if you need the web address to the board. I will also be at the meeting.

Karen
Old August 6th, 2003, 04:18 PM
Vera E.

Hey, Jonathan. I just may take you up on that dance. I have no idea what the Docs Dance is but I'm willing to try anything once. Hope I get to meet everyone. The ship is so big, I just may get lost. Liked your picture, Karen. Will be looking for you and those handsome boys of yours. As for the food. I usually travel Holland-American where the food is delicious. I have a friend that has travelled both and she said that the food is good on Carnival, but nothing like Holland-America. But I usually go with the flow, so I'm not too concerned. With all the places to eat on board, I don't think we'll go hungry. Anyway, you get what you pay for and I think this is about the least expensive cruise I have ever been on. I am really looking forward to it because it's been years since I sailed on the Carnival. It's all about attitude!!!

Vera
Old August 6th, 2003, 11:01 PM
Passenger

Sunday Morning sounds good...if I can find it!
Vera...we will all have a grand time, I for one can have a great time sitting in gravel in 100 degrees if I am with good people!

Jonathan

Carnival Glory

Old August 7th, 2003, 10:08 AM
Passenger

Hey everyone....anyone been to Key West? I know we are docking at the Navy dock, and I am thinking about going it alone to the Aquarium and then to Margaritaville for a Jimmy Buffett fix. Anything else really worth doing in the six hours we will be there.
Bear in mind that I will have a 9-year old and scooters are out.

Thanks
Rick
Old August 7th, 2003, 10:16 AM
Cruise Maniac

Hi Rick-
We have never been there. We were just going to shop and see Margaritaville (sister is a huge Buffett fan). Kids will probably be bored, though. My UPS driver just got back from Key West and highly recommended a restaurant called Crabby Bill's for fresh caught seafood. I don't think we'll be eating in Key West with dinner time so soon after we are required to be back on the ship.

Question- why are scooters out with your 9 year old? Are kids not allowed or are you concerned about the safety? I loved the scooters in Bermuda and was thinking about that as an option. However, I didn't have kids in Bermuda!

Karen

Carnival Glory- 8/16/03
Old August 7th, 2003, 10:41 AM
Passenger

Scooters...hmmm sounds kinda fun!

Guess what?? Dolphin Discovery got in touch with me and had a cancellation...WEEEEEE had to take the Royal Swim at $120 per...but hey...at least we are swimming with those freakin fish! Been to Key West many times...(use to live in Miami)...not really the greatest place for kids our age....and I really don't want to do a whole lot of eating at the ports, let's face it, we have already paid for our share of food food food...will have to get a piece of Key Lime Pie though! I'm sure we will all figure out something fun for the kiddies.

Jonathan

Carnival Glory

Old August 7th, 2003, 10:46 AM
Lacie

TA says our docs will be here tomorrow!!! I think I need more luggage! Getting really excited about our first cruise. :-) Thanks for the posts on your kids! Our boys are into the GameBoy/Game cube things too. I'm sure they will bring the gameboys along. They are not into the Yugio cards too much. I think they got burned out on the Pokemon cards in prior years!

My sister did a land vacation in Key West a few years ago. Her recommendation for us for our 6 hr. visit was to skip the beaches and just do the town/island on our own. She says the street entertainers on the main drag are a hoot and to not miss Hemmingway's house. From my research: The Old Town Trolly travels all over and you can get on and off as you wish. $20 adults and $10 kids for the day.

Somewhere I read that SEVEN cruise ships will be in Cozumel the same day we are. Perhaps that is the trouble with Dolphin Swim being all booked. I think we will do the Channakhab (sp is wrong!) Nat. Park or maybe MrSanchos....any one know anything about Mr Sanchos? I just read about it and went to his web site today. No prices and no pool but supposed to be a good beach. Also read a good review of Sam Gervasio for ruins that are not a long drive ( it is on Coz.)

Progresso and Belize?? What do you have planned folks? Would love to hear your ideas!!

Leaving one week from tomorrow!!! Whoooo Hooooo!!!!

Lacey
Old August 7th, 2003, 11:19 AM
Cruise Maniac

Jonathan- Glad you got the dolphins booked! I'm sure your kids are excited.

Lacey-
Belize we are doing a private nature/snorkeling tour with Sea Sports Belize. I would recommend you plan some sort of tour or take the water taxi to the beaches at Ambergis Caye or Caye Caulker. Nothing to do in Belize City.

Progresso I think we are going to visit Uxmal. We wanted to rent a car in Progresso but my sister and I are too chicken to drive in Mexico by ourselves since we are 2 women and kids. So, I guess we are taking the ship tour there.

Are you joining us at the meet & greet on Sunday morning? I believe you also post on the other board where this planning is taking place.

Karen

Carnival Glory- 8/16/03
Old August 7th, 2003, 12:12 PM
Passenger

Hi Karen,
Scooters are out because my son would want to drive, and I have seen him drive on his video games. He is a very persistent 9 year old.

I am with your sister as a serious Jimmy fan...a big one...you might catch me in my hawiian shirt. Come on you have to have a "Cheeseburger in Paradise". Just got to say I was there and did that...plus probally need another shirt.

I think we will do the trolley thing and bum around town....I am thinking about the Truman summer White House also....Harry S was from Independence Mo..which is a suburb of KC where we live (my grandfather worked with him and I have a picture of my mom on his knee well before he was president) then time permitting the Aquarium.

Lacey...come on down the sunday breakfast

Jonathan....great news on the swim...everything I read about it sounds fantastic.

Rick
Old August 7th, 2003, 12:55 PM
Passenger

Truman pic is very very cool! Good point about the Cheeseburger in Paradise...I may have to do that! I also may dig one of those shirts! I'll bring my Hawaian shirt too, if i can sneek it into the luggage. The wife isn't very fond of that one.
Karen, noticed the great ???s you had out on the boards. We are not drinkers (just don't like the taste) a glass of wine or two yes we are lightweights...maybe a beer. Hate paying those premium prices, yes cheapo here, but I will bring along my famous wine in a carton(don't make fun I am told they are very popular in Europe lol) so we can always have one in the cabin prior to going out.

Carnival Glory

Old August 7th, 2003, 01:44 PM
Cruise Maniac

Jonathan-
You are hilarious! I don't know about the carton of wine though, the policy says one bottle! ! I should be more cautious with my spending, but I love the good life (even though I can't always afford it.) I need to hit the lottery or marry for money or something like that.

Rick-
Do you know if kids can ride on the back of scooters with an adult driving? Do they charge for kids or just for the rental?

We're not big drinkers either, but my sister and I decided we need a VERY relaxing vacation and plan to consume a bit of the good stuff.

Maybe we'll all be at Margaritaville! Sounds like a party to me!

Leaving in 3 days for Myrtle Beach (our 1st stop before the cruise)!!! It seems so close now!

Karen

Carnival Glory- 8/16/03
Old August 7th, 2003, 01:51 PM
Passenger

Karen,
This is not the only place, but they have two person scooters.....
Might want to give them a call

http://www.mopedhospital.com/rentals.html

Rick
Old August 7th, 2003, 01:56 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Carnival Glory August 16 roll call

Karen, Jonathan & all others

Kick back and relax.......I must admit to having a drink now and then...but this is vacation and I am going to have some fun. While I won't get falling down drunk a few drinks...and the fact that I don't have to drive...and I am ALOT more fun!

So look for the guy in the hawiian shirt...beer in hand...who wants a cheeseburger
Rick
Old August 7th, 2003, 08:32 PM
Passenger

Vera, Jonathan and any others,
We are trying to get a head count for the sunday meet....post how many you will have...all are welcome...we just want to give the dining manager a heads up.

Rick
Old August 8th, 2003, 12:50 AM
faith0088

I will be sailing on August 16 on the Glory. I am going with my sister-in-law for a nice quiet, relaxing week. I have sailed on 4 other Carnival ships and I am looking forward to the Glory. I love Carnival Cruises. I have been on Royal Carribean, and also Holland America. I find that Carnival have the most to offer. I love the new look of the larger ships. Looking forward to meeting new people and having a great week.
8/16 Glory cruisers---Lets show them how its done!!!!

Holland America Rotterdam 1985
Holland America Westerdam 1995
RCCL Song of America 1998
Sensation 99
Imagination 2000
Inspiration 2001
Spirit 2/2003
Glory 8/16/2003
and many more!!!! God Willing!!! Hopefully Carnival
Old August 8th, 2003, 08:25 AM
Passenger

Rick, Could be anywhere from 2 to 5....depending on , well you dont want to know, ask Karen if you must!

Welcome to the board faith 0088, quiet and relaxing ...ummm, errr ok but you better stay far from this guy that will have a Hawaiian shirt on and carrying a beer, I believe his name is Rick.

I figure we should get to 100 posts before this baby sails!

Jonathan

Carnival Glory