Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 8th, 2003, 10:06 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Carnival Glory August 16 roll call

Hey Anyone have any info on Shark Ray Alley or whatever it's called in Belize....is this a park or beach that you can go to or do you need to sign up. Shoretrips doesnt have Belize Excursions on there list...maybe it's on the Carnival list...not sure...any info, anyone going??

Carnival Glory

Old August 8th, 2003, 11:56 AM
Passenger

Johathan,
Shark Ray Alley is park of the Park system in Belize....Most of the dive shops have tours out for dive and snorkel. Myself....sharks are like snakes to me....I don't mind that they exist....but I want the away from me. But if you want to go play with sharks SeaSports Belize does this also.

Remeber its shark week on discovery channel

Later
Rick
Old August 8th, 2003, 12:06 PM
Passenger

Karen & all others,
Email me you boys & sisters names and I will have namtags for the sunday meet made up for you. I know our boys won't think its cool, but it would help for the first day or so.

faith0088 a big HELLO! psst....keep it a secret but I heard that guy jonathan....well I just can't put it in words...

Don't be shy...you can come to the meet sunday morning....because if you don't I will make you walk the plank.

Rick

PS anyone else email you name and those traveling with you also and I will have the tags. I will need you screen name you use on the CM, CC or CA board.
Old August 8th, 2003, 04:26 PM
Cruise Maniac

Jonathan,
The Shark Ray Alley tour should be fun. It is offered through Carnival for $66pp. The Shark Ray Alley is near Ambergis Caye about a 45 minute boat ride from Belize City. The tour will also give you a little time to look around Ambergis Caye.

You can also catch a water taxi near the dock to Ambergis Caye for something like $12pp round trip. In Ambergis Caye you can swim (that is where the beaches are located) or arrange your own snorkel tour with one of the local tour operators.

Your kids might just like to go to the zoo, also. You don't have to take the the Carnival tour there, you can catch a taxi or go with a local tour operator when you get off the ship.

Have a plan, though. I have good friends who are experienced world travelers and they said that Belize City is not a very desirable place to hang out, but the Cayes and the tours show you the real beauty of Belize.

Karen

Carnival Glory- 8/16/03
Old August 8th, 2003, 04:48 PM
Vera E.

Count me in for Sunday. Sounds like lots of fun. Rick, I'll be looking for that Hawaiian shirt and no I don't drink beer but I do indulge in the other stuff.

Vera
Old August 8th, 2003, 05:44 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Carnival Glory August 16 roll call

Vera,
Great to hear from you...I can't wait for the 16th to roll around.

Rick
Old August 9th, 2003, 09:00 AM
Passenger

In the interest of keeping this thread up top......you can see the glory right now in port on the Port Canaveral webcam. Catch it here:

http://www.portcanaveral.org

Rick
Old August 9th, 2003, 11:31 AM
Alice

Hi
My daughter (19) and I (48) are also going on the Glory on Aug 16. My daughter was wondering if anyone is going in the age range of 18-21.
Also, does anyone know if there are booths at the pier to book snorkel excursions instead of booking through the cruise ship?
Thanks,
Alice
Old August 9th, 2003, 12:24 PM
Passenger

hello Alice,
I am sure there are some older teens in this group...Karen is the resident expert in the shore excursions for this cruise....I am sure she will chime in her soon. With Karens help we booked a wildlife/snorkel in belize that is not thru carnival.

Rick
Old August 9th, 2003, 01:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

Wow! An expert! I guess that's what happens when you spend your whole summer off researching your vacation! I'm hardly an expert (I've never been on a cruise before), but I do love to look up stuff on the Internet. (BTW- I am a technology teacher.) I'm flattered, Rick.

Alice, honestly I don't really know- but from reading and reading tons of info it seems that there are tour operators at every port waiting to greet you. If you want to know about a particular port I will be happy to let you know what info I have.

I just booked us on a really cool tour in Key West!!!! Figured the boys would be bored with shopping all day- so I found a waverunner tour! We get to ride on waverunners around the whole island for 2 hours! The guides take us to several locations where they stop and tell us about the nature or history. The best part- you are only charged $10 for the second rider on the waverunner and kids under 12 are FREE as passengers! So, we may only make it to Margaritaville for a little bit of time (darn!), but we should have a blast.

Rick- since you know Key West pretty well do you know how close the Hilton (our waverunner tour) and Margaritaville are to one another?

Carnival Glory- 8/16/03
Old August 9th, 2003, 01:52 PM
Passenger

Karen,

Real close....about 1000 ft walking distance.

I will email you a bmp the Star is Buffett's and the paint splash is the Hilton. Which is a couple of 2000 ft off the Navy Reservation.

Rick
Old August 9th, 2003, 01:58 PM
Passenger

Cool on the Waverunners....Mom going to let the boys drive? In MO we have a 14 law...don't know about FL. OMG.....a computer nerd on our cruise.....well that will make two of us....NO I don't wear pocket protectors, but I do know my way around hardware....Got two win2000 servers and one Novell 6 server and a Linux box to play around on at work, with a 40 station dual network....I build all our PC's and use PC's for our Point of sale(cash registers). Nerd yes...but my wife thinks quite lovable.

Rick
Old August 9th, 2003, 02:11 PM
Cruise Maniac

Boys can't drive the waverunners- the driver has to be 18 in FL. None of us have ever been on waverunners before- so I know it will be great!

Rick- the map attachment didn't come through. Can you send again? Glad to know that the 2 are close so we can be sure to visit Margaritaville. Glad to know that I am not the only techno nerd! I'm more software than hardware though. I have the cool systems but I can't build them, I just know how to run them.

Karen

Carnival Glory- 8/16/03
Old August 9th, 2003, 02:24 PM
Passenger

OK OK let me chime in here....Don't really know my hardware like I should, software too. But printing ahhhh printing that's the ticket here! I am a graphic artist afterall!! See Rick, couldn't let you have all of the thunder!!
Waverunners...sounds like a good time! Gonna put on the cam and maybe watch the Glory head out!

Jonathan

Carnival Glory

Old August 9th, 2003, 02:32 PM
Passenger

Maps on the way again....going to watch the port cam until the ship leaves.

Rick

Jonathan,
Nerds are coolest...GA's are cool too!

Karen...don't tell me you have MSCNE after your name

rk
Old August 9th, 2003, 02:33 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Carnival Glory August 16 roll call

folks...rain all over the webcam...but it looks like the Magic is having Life Boat drill.
Alot of orange on the Life boat deck.

rk
Old August 9th, 2003, 02:40 PM
Passenger

Kinda looks like the Magic might be leaving....cental florida is getting dumped on with rain...pulled up the radar. Glory should sale out of it sometime tonight.

Rick
Old August 9th, 2003, 02:42 PM
Passenger

I hope the Glory has a Steel band on board...Some of my Carb. Favorites are:

Yellow Bird
Shame and Scandal

Any others have some fav's

rk
Old August 9th, 2003, 03:49 PM
Cruise Maniac

Rick-
No I'm not a MSCE (they won't let me take certification courses since we already have a technical support staff). My degree is in education but I decided to take my teaching skills into technology (my first love). I am self taught computer geek and I am working on a masters in IT. I teach kids (elementary & middle) in the day, I teach adults on the side, and I run an Internet business. I'm kinda busy- but in the summer I take it easy! PS- Thanks for the map- very helpful!

Jonathan-
Printing and graphic art is cool! I love Corel- I have the skills and the creativity, but I'm not a very good artist. I do often need GA work for my Internet business, so make sure you bring a business card with you!

Hope it rains this week in FL and clears up next week!

Karen

Carnival Glory- 8/16/03
Old August 9th, 2003, 04:03 PM
Passenger

All
The Glory just sailed from port one hour late.

Rick

NOW I can get some work done
Old August 9th, 2003, 04:58 PM
Cruise Maniac

Rick-
Forget work- check this out!!!
http://www.virtualtoursusa.com/carnivalglory.htm

Karen

Post Edited (08-09-03 17:01)

Carnival Glory- 8/16/03
Old August 9th, 2003, 05:39 PM
Passenger

Karen,
I was actually working on a project for my elderly mom...she bought a new dinning room table...and found out it was distressed (made to look old and like cr*p), so I have been painting it today. finally got it done!

I caught the post to that website and was playing with it...while I waited for glory to leave dock. It is way cool....wonder what kind of cam or software they use to film it?

off to dinner

Rick
Old August 9th, 2003, 05:46 PM
Passenger

wait a second...sniff...sniff...whats that smell...OMG its me....It was only 92 here today...
off to the shower then dinner.

Rick
Old August 9th, 2003, 08:57 PM
Passenger

Very cool Karen...great looking stuff on that site!! Do you have Corel...which version...if you have one on your pc at home I have a file I want you to see.

Jonathan

Carnival Glory

Old August 10th, 2003, 08:55 AM
Passenger

Good Morning Folks,
If you are interested the Disney Wonder is in port with RCL SOS berthed where the Glory was yesterday. The SOS was the first MegaShip that I ever cruised on....at around 70,000 gross tons....its central atrium set a standard in cruising. Not to mention that this was my Honeymoon and 10 wedding anv ship.

But my main point is that the SOS is much smaller on the cam pic than the Glory. The Glory is the largest cruise ship sailing from Port Canaveral...at least until RCL sends a voyager class ship up here soon.

I think that you first time cruisers will be impressed with the SIZE of these floating cities...I know I was...and still am.

Rick
Old August 10th, 2003, 07:57 PM
Vera E.

Just completed a virtual tour of the Glory. What an incredible ship. Is a week enough time to see the whole thing? This is really going to be an adventure for me. I'm used to sailing on ships that carry no more than 1800 passengers. I am really looking forward to sailing on this ship and meeting everyone.

Vera
Old August 11th, 2003, 07:34 AM
Passenger

Vera,
My first cruise was in 1976 When I was 17 aboard the MS Starward...a NCL ship.
I think she was around 20,000 tons and part cargo at that time...carried 400 Passengers. Rather small compared to the Glory.

A few years ago we did do the RCL Voyager of the Seas.....and that might be to big for our tastes...however I am looking at the Queen Mary II....just to say I did it.

I believe that I will also suprise my wife with a cruise on the new Pride of America...when she lauches.....First American flagged cruise vessel in many many years. Her deck plan look great.

I just love cruising

Rick
Old August 11th, 2003, 09:16 AM
Lacie

Hi to all..(Karen, Rick, Jonathan, Vera...etc....) GOT OUR DOCS SATURDAY!!!!!!!
(reminder...first cruise!) I let them know over on the other board that we'd try to be at breakfast Sun am! I think I'm going to combust I'm so excited!
Lacey
Old August 11th, 2003, 09:43 AM
Passenger

Lacey,
Good news on the Doc's......I am glad you have them.

I still get excited about cruises...more than any other vacation....see you at the breakfast...I look forward to meeting you.

Rick
Old August 11th, 2003, 11:57 AM
Cruise Maniac

Lacey-
Looking forward to meeting you!

To all-
Hopefully I'll chat some more before Saturday, but I am finishing my packing today and getting my nails done, and other fun stuff because we are leaving tomorrow morning (Tuesday)!!!!

So, if I don't chat again- see you on board!!!- have fun!!!- can't wait to say hi in person!!! I'm just so excited that I don't think I will be able to sleep tonight!!!

Karen

Carnival Glory- 8/16/03