Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 30th, 2003, 01:05 PM
Treva

Default February Cruise

We are planning a trip on February 14, our 20th wedding anniversay. It is on the Carnival ship Celebration with port of calls in Cozumel and Cancun. Any comments on the weather, the ship or the port of calls would be wonderful. Also any suggestions for first timers would be great. Thanks!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old July 30th, 2003, 01:36 PM
Admiral

Default Re: February Cruise

Haven't cruised in February, or on the Celebration, but there's a whole list of articles with tips for first-timers here.

As for ports, sit down and think about what you want to do in those ports. Do you want to go to the beach? Shop? Take an excursion? Carnival's list of available shore excursions can be found here. Be sure to research, research, research!

I hope I helped some. Have a great anniversary cruise!

Cheers,
Michelle B.

Old July 30th, 2003, 02:09 PM
Jecca

I have been looking at the same cruise, only a week earlier. Haven't actually booked it yet, but soon I think. This will be my first cruise as well. The First-Time Cruisers info on this site is great. I've also found this Cozumel site helpful:

http://www.cometocozumel.com/english/about.asp

I don't know yet what we're going to do for shore excursions... I'd be interested in other people's input as well!

Jessica
Old July 30th, 2003, 05:51 PM
First Mate

Did Cozumel last Feb on Sensation and booked for this Feb on Inspiration. Average temps in Feb are 68F low and 84F high. Here's where to look http://www.weather.com/outlook/trave...nthly/MXQR0074. Was very warm last year. Did the Mayan Ruins in Tulum. Unforgetable experience but very long tour. If you're young, you may want to look at an excursion with higher activity level. Cozumel is a great port. Suggestions, start saving for your next trip. You'll be hooked shortly.

Old July 31st, 2003, 06:46 AM
jamie gunter

Feb is a good time to go, we went this last Feb. Have not been on the Celebration, but have been on two of her sister ships. Very nice you will have a good time. Cozumel is nice, you can take a taxi to town from the pier, or about a 2 to 3 mile walk. Taxis are $6 to town each way. I havent been to Cancun.