Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 30th, 2003, 09:42 PM
Captain

Default rocking on Conquest???

What is the story on the stablers on the Conquest....alot of people here saying that she serves up alot more motion that other ships....how could that be? I see she is very very big, you would think that would make her MORE stable.

Sensation

Sponsored Links
Old July 30th, 2003, 10:06 PM
anita kennedy

Default Re: rocking on Conquest???

Some of the people who were with us said hey felt nothing except the night we left Cozumel. I think we were in some of Bill then. However on the 7th deck at night my fed "rocked us to sleep." The first night I thought (first cruise) oh I am never going to get any sleep unless I can sleep with my eyes open, but by the third night I was use to it.
I went to my daughter's room on he first deck and I have heard you are not suppose to feel anything on the lowe decks but her whole room moved to me. I think it is your state of mind, you know mind over matter. After all it is a ship and it is going to rock some.
I would say 95% of the time I felt nothing after I got used to it.
Old July 30th, 2003, 10:12 PM
char Hempler

After All you are on water! That is what I was told on my first cruise. i never feel anything anymore. Just enjoy! Happy cruising..... Char
Old July 30th, 2003, 10:39 PM
Admiral

Please keep in mind that you will be on a ship on the ocean, therefore you will be subject to feeling some motion. It will be the size of the waves that will determine how much motion, not the size of the ship. It floats--therefore it has to move with the water
Old July 31st, 2003, 10:15 AM
rsidoti

Default Re: Re: rocking on Conquest???

I made a 6 mos. cruise on the USS Saratoga CV-60 and was rocked to sleep every night. I never would of thought that an aircraft carrier would rock but it did. You get used to it quickly and even come to miss it when you're ashore. Generally newer ships will have less motion but it is dependant upon the sea conditions.

Bob

Conquest 10/03
Holiday 10/02
Fascination 02/02
Saratoga 01/94 -06/94
Old July 31st, 2003, 02:25 PM
Passenger

We were on the Conquest in April. We hardly knew we were moving. It was a great change compared to when we were on the Fantasy during Hurricane Floyd. Kim
Old July 31st, 2003, 11:28 PM
NJMatt

some folks I work with were on RCL's Adventure of the Seas,one of their Voyager ships,and said despite the size they felt some motion..after all it is the Ocean.
Old August 1st, 2003, 12:31 PM
Captain

Thanks to all who replied......I am not worried for me....the rocking will not bother me, I love to sail, was just worried that it may be too much for my friends.
Like it is said...afterall it is a CRUISE

Sensation