Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 31st, 2003, 06:37 PM
meangreen

Default kids in Coz nightspots during day?

Would it be appropriate, or even allowed, to take the kids into places like Carlos and Charlies and Senor Frogs during the day?
Sponsored Links
Old July 31st, 2003, 06:44 PM
geauxLSU

Default Re: kids in Coz nightspots during day?

Yes they let them in no questions asked, I will warn you if they are teenagers they could get something to drink (alcohol). Also another warning is when someone comes up to you and wants to give you a shot don't think it is free, they want $6 afterwards. I don't thik it is straight anything, kind of a Pepto Bismol looking substance. I would pass but a lot of people take it. Also we found in a jewelry store somebody offered us a shot. Guess they thought we would get drunk and buy anything. lol
Old July 31st, 2003, 07:21 PM
Alice

Our 15 yr old was offered a shot in a jewelry store we were in. I kindly said NO!
Old July 31st, 2003, 07:34 PM
MichelleM

They are not nearly as wild during the day but still keep a close eye on the kids. Basically if they have money they will be served if they try, more then a couple teenagers have had their first hangover the next day after being at C&C.
Old August 1st, 2003, 06:36 AM
Passenger

I can tell you that my 4 & 7 yr old sons were up on stage at Carlos & Charlies (in the afternoon) jamming with their little wooden guitars we had picked up at Mr. Sanchos. The drunk college kids there were loving it as my boys bounced around the stage.

Doug

Victory 4/13/03
Old August 1st, 2003, 01:47 PM
Admiral

4 and 7 yr olds partying with drunk college students? Read this thread with some interest..am I the only one who thinks that places like this may not be appropriate for kids? Not trying to start any controversy but........

Old August 1st, 2003, 03:04 PM
anita kennedy

Default Re: Re: kids in Coz nightspots during day?

In defense of kids being at C&C. It is a restaurant also. However I think it has to do with the way you raise your children. If you don't drink in your home and don't go to places like bars then you probably would not take them there. We are from the South where drinking is a part of life. We have crayfish boils etc and beer is all around.
I am not saying give children the right to drink but they are exposed more so than other parts of the US. Therefore, if the adult with them is not intoicatrd and just letting them see the sites per say, and just for a little while I see no harm in it. The music is good and I would say there is nothing disgusting about it. when we were there there were no drunks or obnoxious people but of course it was like 2 in the afternoon. We stayed for an hour and left. maybe I am wrong but I don't see a problem with it.
Old August 1st, 2003, 05:58 PM
cheezwiz

Default Re: Re: Re: kids in Coz nightspots during day?

Anita, if you were really from the South, you would say crawfish, not crayfish...anyway, I think C&C's is okay for kids during the day....after about 6 or 7, I wouldn't take my kids there, though.
Old August 1st, 2003, 06:44 PM
anita kennedy

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: kids in Coz nightspots during day?

mud bugs is the proper name lol
Old August 1st, 2003, 11:54 PM
sabrina

Default Re: Re: kids in Coz nightspots during day?

what was Mr.Sancho's like?