Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 5th, 2003, 07:43 AM
Andrea A

Default What am I allowed to bring on board?

Getting married next Thursday on the Carnival Victory. I want to know what I am allowed to bring on board as far as champagne or wine.... I would like to be able to have something in the room for us (and the boys) while we're getting ready. I heard you were able to bring a bottle on or something like that... if not, I'd rather just buy it from them and have it in the room waiting for us... to me it's just not worth it to sneak on.
Sponsored Links
Old August 5th, 2003, 08:52 AM
susancruzs

Default Re: What am I allowed to bring on board?

I think like you do, why go through the trouble? I think you can still bring a bottle of wine or champagne for your room without any problem. I'd just put it in my carry-on and if they take it, not that big of a deal.

Susie
Old August 5th, 2003, 09:15 AM
Admiral

You should be able to bring on a couple bottles. We always bring 2 bottles of champagne. Congrats to you and happy sailing!
Old August 5th, 2003, 12:44 PM
Admiral

You are allowed to bring on wine and champange. Hard liquor is against the rules. Here's Carnival's policy (from their website):

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Am I allowed to bring my own beverages onboard?
Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board. Fine wine or champagne may be brought on board during embarkation at the beginning of the cruise only. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the dining room.

Guests may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages. Excessive quantities, to be determined at the discretion of security and/or embarkation personnel, will be confiscated and retained by Carnival until the cruise is completed.

Guests may purchase a variety of beverages onboard the ship. Alcoholic beverages will not be sold or served to anyone under the age of 21. We reserve the right to refuse the sale of alcoholic beverages to anyone. Alcoholic beverages purchased in the ship's gift shop or in ports of call will be retained by Carnival until the end of the voyage.

Note: The legal drinking age onboard is 21 and is strictly enforced. We do not allow the purchase of drinks or bottles of liquor by adults for minors. Possession of alcohol by a minor will not be tolerated and any found will be confiscated, even if found in cabin.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget to bring a corkscrew if you're planning on having it in the room - and put it in your checked luggage as it won't be allowed on an airplane in a carry-on.

Cheers,
Michelle B.

Old August 5th, 2003, 12:50 PM
Admiral

Default deleted

Post Edited (08-08-03 20:58)

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Silversea Silver Explorer (23nts) - Kangerlussuaq, Greenland - Nome, Alaska - Aug 14

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14
Old August 5th, 2003, 06:50 PM
rsidoti

Default Re: Re: What am I allowed to bring on board?

I see no need to pay their prices. I brought on about case of wine for our last cruise and had it in our cabin and in the dining room. I was only charged the $10 cork fee for one bottle and that was for one they had on their wine list. I can't guarantee that they won't charge you a corkage for every bottle but hey, you spend enough as it is for a cruise, no sense spending $40 + for a decent bottle of wine every night when you can bring something good and pay $10. I packed it in a special styrofoam wine case and it went on with my luggage. No problem.

Bob

Conquest 10/03
Holiday 10/02
Fascination 02/02
Old August 8th, 2003, 12:50 PM
funinthesun

Looks like we are on the same ship 8/14 Victory. Best of luck with your wedding
Old August 8th, 2003, 01:10 PM
Andrea A

Funinthesun, are you part of that large group that's sailing with us? I believe some company has a 1/2 boat charter.... they are taking over!! I guess my group of 59 doesn't seem soo big!

Look for me... I'll be the one in white!
Old August 9th, 2003, 01:52 PM
Passenger

My husaband and I just got back from the Conquest and thanks to this board we found out that we could bring a cooler on. We did and were nervous about it the time until emabrkation. There was no need for nervousness at all. it was a breeze. We had a large cooler with two six packs of 24oz diet cokes, about 12 bottles of water and two different kinds of wine. you have to carry it on and when you go throught the metal detectors the security personnel asks you to open it so they can see what's inside. After that you proceed to the ship with no more worries the rest of thr trip. We also asked our cabin steward for some extra ice for the ice chest and she was happy to oblige.

Imagination 96
Destiny 97
Holiday 99
Fascination 01
Rotterdam 02
Conquest 07/03
Conquest 02/29/04