Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 6th, 2003, 08:18 PM
LindaS

Default Drink Card

I have heard about the drink card on Carnival. How much does it cost and when do you purchase it?
thanks!
LindaS
Elation Aug 10, 2003
Sponsored Links
Old August 7th, 2003, 05:42 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Drink Card

I forget the exact amount but it is good for sodas and it cost me ~$80 for 2 kids cards and 1 adult card. You can buy them at any bar and at any time. We bought them before the ship had left port.

Doug

Victory 4/13/03
Old August 7th, 2003, 10:42 AM
First Mate

Also alcohol cupons described below. Must be ordered form Carnival's web site ( under gifts & services) no later than 2 weeks prior to sailing.

BAR Bar Credit (4 Drink Cpns) $19.50 Add To Cart
Old August 7th, 2003, 12:58 PM
Captain

What drinks are Carnival's coupons good for.....????
I like the frozen ones with the little umbrella's and such......oh can't wait to lay by the pool and have one....

Sensation

Old August 7th, 2003, 01:54 PM
Cruise Maniac

And are the alcohol drink cards worth it? How about pre-buying a bottle of wine, is that worth it?
Old August 7th, 2003, 02:43 PM
First Mate

We bought the drink cards on our seven day cruise. they were $29.95 a peice and that was on the Inspiration. We had a hard time when ordering cokes. When we would go to the bar and the waitress or waiter took our order for the cokes, they would then just go to the drinking customers, serve them and then come back with the cokes and wasn't even polite about it. At dinner we would request a coke and we would be on dessert and then the coke would come after repeatedly asking where it was. So when we went on the Holiday and took our teens with us I had made the decision before the trip not to have the hassle with the drink cards since juice, water, tea and lemonade was all free. Well, my husband only drinks coke and my son said he refused to be out there and not have a coke so we bought them each a card (which was cheaper due to less days on the cruise) and we didn't have one problem this time using it and the bar staff was nice and served us immediatly. So maybe it was just a rough week for the crew on the Inspiration that week. I did call Carnival and complained and was told they had other complaints also about that cruise date and the cards and they sent us a letter with 10 percent off my next cruise. So it is worth it to buy the card. Also the 20 oz bottles in your room are like $2.50 a bottle so beware before opening them because they will charge you for everyone.