Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 7th, 2003, 03:41 PM
Passenger

Default carnival upgrades

i was recently on a few web sites that were offering free room upgrades on all Carnival Ships. I had tried to contact my travel agent on it and she had not returned my calls or emails. Today I checked the Carnival website and did not see the upgrade offer anymore. Does anyone know if this is something they promote every once in awhile or did i just lose the opportunity of a lifetime? My cruise is not until the beginning of November and when i booked the cruise a few months ago, I specifically asked if there was the chance for an upgrade and was told that it would be possible once on board.

can anyoen help ease my mind on this one?

thanks,
tree
Sponsored Links
Old August 7th, 2003, 03:51 PM
Admiral

Default Re: carnival upgrades

The time to ask for an upgrade is now through your TA and not after you board. It will be too late then. Upgrade special offers are reoccuring sales deals with certain sales codes. Basically it is just words and you are booking higher cat cabins at the rates offered.
Jim

Old August 8th, 2003, 07:25 AM
Passenger

Thanks Jim.....I will continue to try to hound my TA, I just wish she will respond back to me.
Old August 8th, 2003, 08:09 AM
Andrea A

Your TA should be able to give you that information. The chances are good though. I have a group of 59 people going on the Victory for my wedding next week. Every single one that got a Guarantee cabin received an upgrade.
Old August 8th, 2003, 11:02 AM
First Mate

My husband and I checked on that upgrade promotion as well. The promotion was for new bookings only and you had to book by July 31, 2003. We already had a booking for the Conquest in October, we used a promotional code and past guest rate for our booking. The upgrade promotion wouldn't have done us any good since we had gotten a better deal from an earlier promotion. We did go back to our TA the day we had to pay off our cruise and upgraded from and inside to a balcony cabin. We got the balcony cabin for the price of a inside cabin. If you are a past guest on Carnival, have your TA inform Carnival, you might be able to get a deal on upgrading like we did.
Old August 8th, 2003, 11:28 AM
cruznbuckeye

Tree,
Carnival often runs promotion. They had a promotion going for select fall sailings..book inside, get oceanview...book oceanview , get a balcony. After 11 cruises, I can vouch for the upgrades. We booked an oceanview, upgraded to a 8b guarantee for $849 plus 44 dollars in taxes. This is a great deal on the Glory! This may have included your ship and sailing. Do not wait to ask for an upgrade after you board. The only way this will happen is if you pay extra for it.
Watch your prices on the Carnival website. As you get closer to sailing, your price will probably drop. If it does , you can get an upgrade or shipboard credit.
Last year, our Pride balcony 8a price dropped. We had a cabin (6232) with a long balcony. I called for the shipboard credit. I told them that I wouldn't be interested in an upgrade because we have a large balcony. The only way that I would be interested in an upgrade would be if it was a suite. I didn't want to lose the large balcony. They upgraded us to a cat. 11 suite with a wraparound balcony!

Andrea,
How did you find out about your upgrades? I would love to know ahead of time if we get upgraded. We have only been able to find this out at the pier when we booked a guarantee.
Old August 8th, 2003, 12:57 PM
Captain

Do you ask your TA for this service or Carnival when your cruise price goes down.....??? Who will work with you AFTER your cruise is paid in full if the price drops???

Sensation

Old August 8th, 2003, 02:59 PM
cruznbuckeye

You work through your ta. Carnival will not answer questions about your booking if you booked through a ta.HOWEVER...Our Pride cruise was booked through a ta. We got a shipboard credit when the price dropped and our ta said that Carnival said that would be the last thing that they could do for us. The price dropped another $200 the next day. I called Carnival and told them what my ta said and that I just wanted to make sure this is what they were told. The Carnival rep put me on a 3-way call with my ta. They said they could not do the upgrade by a call just from me, the ta has to do it for me. It was on this phone call that the upgrade was given. Call your ta. If they say they can't do this for you, call Carnival and ask for a reservations customer service supervisor. Ask them to put you on a conference call with your ta to see about an upgrade.
Good luck everybody!
Old August 10th, 2003, 09:18 AM
Captain

I guess the idea is to watch the price of your cruise right up to the day you leave....could be very beneficial.
Old August 11th, 2003, 07:29 AM
Lynn Cambrara

ONline travel agents can be a pain taht way once they get your money, carnival should upgrad eyou several catagory's if you are a past guest. If not, you should at least get 1 upgrade, I always have. What agency are you using? I hate agency's, but I used one this time becuase it was cheaper since they buy the rooms in blocks.

Carnival Pride
Catagory 5A
1,121.21 total for 2 people.
Old August 11th, 2003, 01:34 PM
Captain

Agent told me that we already had a better deal and if we wanted the promo it would cost us more..........

Sensation

Old August 12th, 2003, 12:56 PM
cruisegurl

hey, we called our TA and got the up grade. If you ar e going on conquest in october they ran out of the bacloney so for example if you have a window then you would get the bacloney but since they ran out you wouldn't get an up grade so call your travel agent as quick as you can so you can get the up grade before all your upgrade room are gone.
Old August 13th, 2003, 12:52 PM
Captain

Called again and was told that it did not apply to our cruise ( Conquest in November ) and if I wanted it , then it would be $500 adder.
Get I'll pretend my window opens.........

Sensation