Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 9th, 2003, 06:19 PM
AmandaT

Default How much are the shore tours, beers, etc?

I'm leaving 8/31 for my first cruise (Carnival Paradise). I keep hearing about how expensive the drinks and shore tours are - but exactly how expensive are we talking? How much does a beer run you? Anybody have the shore tour price list? We are going to: Nassau, Dominican Republic, St. Thomas.

Any advice is GREATLY appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Old August 9th, 2003, 07:52 PM
Pami

Default Re: How much are the shore tours, beers, etc?

If you email Carnival, they will email you back with a list of tours and pricing. They have been pretty quick about it when I have asked in the past. Just go to their site and find the link to contact them.
Old August 9th, 2003, 09:43 PM
Passenger

Default Re: How much are the shore tours, beers, etc?

On the Paradise the beers are $3.25

Bud and Bud Light
Coors light
Icehouse
miller lite
Miller Draft

Miller lite 16oz $4.25

Imported beers $3.75
Amber Rock
Amstel light
Baswe Ale
Becks
Pilsner Urquell
Cornoa
Heiken
Labatt Blue
Michelob light
Red Stripe

Boddington's $4.50
Fosters lager 750 ml $5.75
Grolsh $4.95
Guiness pub Draught $4.50

I just did the same cruise. Great time.
Old August 10th, 2003, 12:18 PM
AmandaT

Default Re: Re: How much are the shore tours, beers, etc?

Thanks Paul!!!! That's exactly what I was looking for!

Did you do any shore excursions (carnival or not) that you enjoyed?? This not only is my first cruise, but my honeymoon as well and I want to find some fun things to do!
Old August 10th, 2003, 09:13 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: How much are the shore tours, beers, etc?

We had our 2 kids with us so we were looking for things they would like to do.

At Nassau we rented a room at Comfort Suites. This gave us access to Atlantis including the Dig and all the pools and slides. We never saw the room we justed wanted access to Atlantis which is beautiful. We then went to straw market for a few souveniers. The kids liked to try to get the prices down. We would do this again in a second. Atlantis is much more expensive than the Comfort Suites. This wa sthe cheapest way to get into Atlantis. The ship only offers access to the Dig (Aquarium).

At the Dominican we wnet on a tour called the tale of 2 cities. We saw a rum factory (basically a small bottling company - not great) we saw some underground caverns and walked through the center of town. A nice ride through the country. We ended up in a small town that was created to look like a mediterean village. Okay tour not great. One tour was to Santa Domingo but it took almost 2 hours to get there - which was too long for us.

At St Thomas we used a guy names Godfrey to give us a tour. He was great. High light of the trip. He took us on a 2 hour ride through St Thomas. We then got dropped off at town to shop and then let us off at Coki beach to snorkel. Snorkeling was great. They get milk dog bone treats - the type you give your dog and teh fish come right up to you and nibble on it. We had underwater cameras so we have some nice shots. To rent snorkel gear is $5 for fins, $5 for mask/snorkel and $5 for vest if you want one. I highly recommend him. He takes you around in an open safari truck. A lot of fun.

I don't like doing the ship tours. They are too crowded and don't give you enough time to do things. The Dominican is the only tour we took because there is nothing at the dock. Plus I am not sure how safe it is outside of teh gates.

Hope this helps any questions just let me know.