Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 10th, 2003, 01:34 PM
Pami

Default Spa treatments?

Are there any spa treatments onboard that you have had that you really enjoyed? Or are there any that you have had onboard that you felt were a total waste of time and money? I know they are much more expensive that at home, but I would like to give it a whirl anyway. I am interested in any ship (I know they all have pretty much the same stuff) , but I am sailing on the paradise, specifically.
Sponsored Links
Old August 10th, 2003, 02:30 PM
marchyjane

Default Re: Spa treatments?

We were on the Carnival Sensation in May of this year. I want to do the same as you mentioned.

I had read on the cruise boards that if you want til a port day or the last sea day that they offer a lot more for lower prices.

I chose to way til the last sea day. I was walking around the ship early that morning and a lady from the spa gave me a 1/2 off coupon for any of there spa treatments. I received a full body message for if I remember right $60 or $80.00 this was a full body for over an hour.

It would have been worth the full price. It was wonderful and well worth the money.

I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Hope this helps.
Sherry
Old August 10th, 2003, 03:51 PM
MichelleM

We had the couples massage on the Paradise in Feb and were not impressed. The ladies didn't have their techniques down very well, and when you are paying that kind of money for a treatment I think you have the right to expect them to know basic massage techniques.
Our friends had the hot stone treatment and loved it.
Old August 11th, 2003, 10:58 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Spa treatments?

I had one treatment on Triumph and 4 Spa treatments while on Destiny.....I totally enjoyed every minute of each one!

Yes...they do offer specials at various times. There were the "port day" specials (on Destiny the day in Martinique did not apply)...as well as a bunch of other specials offered throughout the cruise.

I chose to book all 4 of my treatments within a couple of hours after arriving on the ship. I am a single Mom and I was traveling solo for this trip and the Spa was very important to me! The day and times that I went to the spa were important to me as well so I did not want to wait and just book as I went along. There were embarkation day specials and I did get some benefit of that.

I found all of my treatments to be wonderful and for me it was well worth the money that I spent. At the end the women do take a few moments to go over what products they think you should purchase to bring home. I chose to listen politely but did not buy in the end - I have wonderful products at a much better cost available to me at home. I have read on some boards that people have told them not to bother with the "talk".
Old August 11th, 2003, 11:00 PM
Passenger

Forgot to mention......

I really enjoyed the massage I had on the day I boarded! It helped to release all the tension from the "travel" day and left me totally relaxed and prepared to party!

Also...the reflexology treatment was good if you enjoy that.

HomePort Cruising - NCL Dawn 4/28/01 - Me and My Kids

Carnival Triumph 4/03 Family
Carnival Destiny 7/03 Solo

1 More in the Works for 2004 (Solo)
1 More "Quickie" for 2003 (Solo)
Old August 11th, 2003, 11:40 PM
Passenger

I had the usual massage and as usual it was wonderful. Ask for Sarah from Aberdeen, Scotland. The most unusual and the best spa treatment was the Ionithermie treatment. This helps firm and reduce cellulite. Be prepared to have your spa person offer her products for sale. I bought all the products associated with this treatment and am following a regieme suggested by the spa and am actually seeing results.

Old August 12th, 2003, 09:20 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to -Rob

Im 15 and went on the Carnival pride in June. I thought to put me in vacation mode i would go schedule a massage, my parents had to schedule it with me. I got a scalp massage and acouple of other things. The scalp massage was out of this world!!!! If you want just a little massage, just in and out, get that.

Rob
Old August 13th, 2003, 07:02 PM
Pami

Default Re: Re: Spa treatments?

Thanks for the advice, everyone. I certainly plan on at least getting SOME relaxing treatment during our first couple of days onboard.