Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 11th, 2003, 09:10 AM
Passenger

Default Celebration from Galveston

Hi,

Can anyone tell me who has been on the Celebration lately what the dress code is for the dining room for dinner on nights other than formal. Can men and teens wear shorts and sandals to dinner in the dining room.

Smooth sailing, Marci
Sponsored Links
Old August 11th, 2003, 09:39 AM
Liane

Default Re: Celebration from Galveston

This is from the FAQ portion of the Carnival Cruise website

Is there a dress code?
The two things to keep in mind are:
1) You're on vacation and,
2) Travel light.

Casual attire and resort wear are in order, both on board and in port. Shorts, slacks, sundresses, blouses, etc., are in line for women. Clothing for men is just as casual. You should bring a pair of rubber-soled sandals or sneakers to wear on deck and a pair of good walking shoes. You might also want to consider bringing along a sweater or jacket for cool evenings and inexpensive rain gear in case of a sudden shower.

Seven-day or longer cruises will have two formal evenings, while shorter cruises feature one formal night. For those not wanting to dress up, the ships' Lido Restaurants are open nightly, with the exception of the last evening, and have a casual dress code.

Note: Shorts, t-shirts, tank tops and bathing attire are not permitted in the dining room during dinner.
Old August 11th, 2003, 07:44 PM
Clint

Marci, I just got back today from a cruise on the Celebration 8/7 - 8/11, and it was great. We drove from Dallas to Galveston for the cruise. The attire in the dining room was all over the map. I saw people in shorts, jeans, and in slacks on the non formal nights. On the formal nights, most people dressed up. Most of the men in dark suits, and ,most ladies in after five dresses. I personally wore a tuxedo. I bought it a while back, and thought I could get some use out of it, however I would say that less than 10% of the men had on tuxedos. Most teenagers had no slacks and shirts on formal night. It was our first cruise, and we both had a wonderful time.

Any other questions on the Celebration let me know
Old August 11th, 2003, 10:59 PM
Blumoo

I know that it is in the cruise info, no shorts in the dining room in the evening. You can however, wear what you want and eat in the Wheelhouse.

Clint, did you happen to keep any of the Capers from the Celebration? We are sailing on her 8/25 and would love to see them! I am a chronic overplanner! ! You are fortunate to live in the Dallas area, we LOVE to go to Roanoke to eat chicken at Babes! Planning to stop for dinner there on our way to Galveston.
Old August 12th, 2003, 08:12 PM
Clint

Default Re: Re: Celebration from Galveston

The only caper that I kept was the last one from yesterday which was the debarkation information caper. The others we just used for that day, and threw them away. They were usually in the room after we returned for dinner each evening. As far as the shorts in the dining room, I know that the cruise info says no jeans or shorts in the dining room at dinner, but I did see them in the dining room, and they did not make any announcements asking people not to wear them. I don't know what the percentage was, probably about 10%, but there were some. We ate in the dining room every night, and the food choices and quality was great.

Clint