Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 11th, 2003, 05:09 PM
Captain

Default new Orleans ships

We are on the Conquest for November and were wondering if we got to board early enough and we got our cabin....can we get back off to have lunch in New Orleans and shop a little and then get back on....kind of like a shore excursion.....<G>
Sponsored Links
Old August 11th, 2003, 05:17 PM
First Mate

Default Re: new Orleans ships

I wouldn't think so. However, after you check your baggage and get all your boarding credentials, I don't think you are required to get aboard. You might can wait til final boarding and get on. One would inagine that the ships' personel are awfully busy loading people at this time to concentrate on debarking people also. I know when I went in April, nobody was getting off.
Old August 12th, 2003, 07:18 AM
Captain

Thanks for the info......We will just get there earlier and board after lunch, but before the rush in Mid-afternoon

Sensation

Old August 12th, 2003, 08:29 AM
Passenger

Yes you can get off but kep in mind when you re-board you have to go back through security so allow time for that.

Imagination 96
Destiny 97
Holiday 99
Fascination 01
Rotterdam 02
Conquest 07/03
Conquest 02/29/04
Old August 12th, 2003, 06:16 PM
eyeyou96

I like ot get on early and enjoy the excitement. Nothing is better than the first couple of hours as everyone boards. They have lunch open at noon anyway.
Old August 13th, 2003, 10:17 PM
jek

We just came off the Aug 3-10 cruise on the Conquest. We had a great time !! We had planned on boarding then heading back out into town but time did not allow. We drove to the port from AL and arrived around 11am so we could get a good parking spot next to the ship. We were turned around by port security and told to come back at noon. However, we decided to come back earlier and made it there by 11:45am. By then the embarkation process was bustling and by the time we boarded and ate lunch, we could check into our rooms (2pm). By then, we could tell the port was way too busy to risk getting off and trying to get back on, so we stayed and toured/enjoyed the boat until the mandatory muster call at 5ish. To make a long story, longer, hehehe....that was our plan too, but had to go to plan B and stay on. Feel free to email me with any other questions. I saved the Carnival Capers each day and a few other stuff....so have some info.