Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 12th, 2003, 07:20 AM
Liane

Default Packing

Any advice on what to pack/not to pack?
Going to the Western Caribbean for 5 days starting Aug. 25th.
Sponsored Links
Old August 12th, 2003, 08:30 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Packing

Pack as little as possible because you won't wear half of it. Trust me I speak from experience.

Imagination 96
Destiny 97
Holiday 99
Fascination 01
Rotterdam 02
Conquest 07/03
Conquest 02/29/04
Old August 12th, 2003, 08:58 AM
susancruzs

Alot of people say get all your stuff out, then take half away and you will be fine!!!

I layer even for the Caribbean because some times if I'm out in the sun, AC in a bus bothers me or my shoulders get sunburned, etc. I take shorts, tank tops, a blouse or two that goes with them, neutral colors (beige, black, navy) so I can interchange! I wear slacks and tops to dinner for casual nights, I won't get into that discussion!!! :-)

I always take a cover up to go over my suit and a T-shirt for beach/snorkeling. My cover up doesn't dry as well as a T does.

Remember to pack a carry-all bag for beach towel, sunglasses, lotion, camera, all the stuff you need for an excursion or to go to town. I wish I'd known that for my first cruise!

I think there is a first timer or even a packing section on this board if you look around!

Enjoy!
Old August 12th, 2003, 09:05 AM
First Mate

I've been told that you don't need to pack a beach towel - can use the ship ones for shore tours (just make sure to return them or be charged). What about "warm" clothes? I'm going to western carribbean on Sept. 7 - will I need something warm to wear or will it be HOT HOT HOT all the time?
Old August 12th, 2003, 09:06 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to -Rob

Im 15 and i went on a 7 day cruise on the Pride. I pack soooo much stuff. Like 1 large suitcase and one medium. I like to pack more than you need too. You put in in drawers anyways. make it like your at home, and go to your closet or drawer and pick what your going to wear for the day. We pretty much wore 3 outfits per day. Pool attire / dinner / after dinner. I think my parents stayed in their dinner clothes for the shows or whatever though. I would normally just leave on my polo style and put on a pair of shorts bc thats how i normally dress at home anywyas. Soo just overpack and you will be just fine and not run out of things to wear, you will have some left over. But who cares, more is better than too little. Also, people say to bring a bungee cord if your getting a balcony, but we forgot ours. We just ended up jamming a shoe by the door hinge and it stayed open fine. So, if you dont have a bungee dont get one, use a shoe

Rob