Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 12th, 2003, 09:02 AM
First Mate

Default soda fountain card

Hi, I've been reading up about this and I have some questions - I'm hoping someone will answer for me.
1. What drinks does the fountain card cover? I'm assuming fountain (not canned/bottled) pop. What about bottled water?
2. On Carnival Paradise, does anyone know what it costs for a 7 day cruise for an adult?
3. I'm wondering if it is worth it for me - I'd like to have MAYBE 1-2 glasses of pop per day, but I drink a lot of bottled water, so if it includes bottled water (for the shore trips), it might be worth it.
4. What drinks are "free" on the ship? - all juices? non-bottled water? club soda?

Thanks - still trying to get my mind around this issue.
Sponsored Links
Old August 12th, 2003, 09:11 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to -Rob
Default Re: soda fountain card

Hey i just went on a 7 day Pride cruise in June. I got the fountain fun card and it was WELLLL worth it. My mom got one too. We got them on our 2 past cruises and said we will every time. They give you canned soda in a glass. Its not fountain soda, thank God. Their coke products. You can also get a shirley temple on the card which was kind of different every now and then. As for bottled water, i think you have to pay for that. I never asked for any. But being their coke products from a can.... Unless they get dasani canned. They have water in your room or mini bar you can buy for excursions. They offer free juices and water (not bottled), like apple, orange, and i think one other. I never drank it, so i cant tell you if it was good. Im not sure of the price, but call 1-800-CARNIVAL and they will answer ANY question you may have, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. I hope i was a little help.

Rob
Old August 12th, 2003, 09:12 AM
Passenger

1) The fountain fun card is for fountain drinks only. No cans/bottles
2)The adult price is somewhere around $33.95 for a seven day
3)Regular prices are around $2.50 per soda. You can also bring a cooler with bottled water and soda if you wish.
4) Free drinks iclude the following:

Breakfast: Juices including apple, orange, grapefruit, prune and tomato. Milk including chocolate, skim and Vit D. Coffee, reg & decaf and hot chocolate.

Lunch/Dinner Lido area: Water, Lemonade, Apple juice, Tea, coffee, hot chocolate. I think there is something else but can't remember what it is.

Post Edited (08-12-03 09:15)

Imagination 96
Destiny 97
Holiday 99
Fascination 01
Rotterdam 02
Conquest 07/03
Conquest 02/29/04
Old August 12th, 2003, 09:25 AM
Captain

The soda card was $34.95 on a 7 day cruise while on the Victory. That included the tip. I assume that it is the same on all Carnival ships. The soda is poured from a can or in some cases a bottle into a glass. They do not have soda fountains anymore everything is can or bottle. The cards did not work for water on the Victory again I would assume it is the same on all Carnival ships seeing the bars are all controlled by corporate Carnival.
Old August 12th, 2003, 10:35 AM
First Mate

Hey Peb, I thought I was going crazy until you posted. You are absoutly right. They actually took cans (even ones sitting there open and flat) at the bar and served us that with the fountain fun card. There was never once a fountain drink served. 5 out of 10 times we got an open coked poured and served to us. I just wonder how others didn't know that it was no fountain drinks. I watched everytime I ordered and even commented on it not being what I paid for. I rather bring my own then have to deal with a flat coke.

Old August 12th, 2003, 10:57 AM
Admiral

Club soda is the same price as a Coke.

Cheers,
Michelle B.

Old August 12th, 2003, 11:02 AM
First Mate

What is the Fountain Fun Card?
Guests may purchase a Fountain Fun Card which will allow them unlimited soft drinks for the duration of the cruise, at a one time purchase price (including gratuities). With the exception of room service, the Fountain Fun Card may be used wherever beverage service is available.

The card can be purchased at any bar on board the ship.

In all locations where beverage service is offered, guests may receive a glass of the soft drink of their choice. One glass will be served at a time and only to the guest whose name appears on the card.

The cost of the card is based on whether it is for an adult or a child, and the length of the cruise.

Children under 12 can ask for free soft drinks in the dining room whether they have purchased a Fountain Fun Card or not.
Old August 12th, 2003, 12:15 PM
First Mate

Thanks everyone - since it doesn't cover water, I'm re-thinking the whole thing. Not sure it will be worth it for the occasional soft drink that I'll want. Will try and stick to water (non bottled), juice, lemonade... I was thinking that you could get a couple bottles of water to take on the day trips, but apparently not.