Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 16th, 2003, 06:34 PM
Crunch1032

Default Newbie Cruiser

newbie to the cruising life. Have some questions for you pros at this. We are trying to host a 30th birthday cruise for February/March. We want to go to the Western Caribbean but have no idea what ship we want to go on, or how to select one? We are thinking the Triump, conquest, or victory. We are looking for some partying atmosphere, and are looking for a crowd that does just that. Any suggestions for us?
Sponsored Links
Old August 16th, 2003, 08:24 PM
Denny

Default Re: Newbie Cruiser

Crunch, sounds like you want to leave from Miami. Have you considered leaving from Tampa, Ft. Lauderdale or Port Canaveral? The Inspiration out of Tampa is truly a "Fun Ship". We took it around Christmas of 2002 and had a real good time. Although we think any of the Carnival ships will provide an excellent cruise. Our next cruise is Sept 6. on the Glory. Will write a review when we get back. Good luck with your search.
Old August 17th, 2003, 12:00 AM
Cruise Maniac

You can't go wrong with any of Carnival's Fun Ships. I just came back from my second cruise on the Fascination. It's definately a party ship. Can't wait to sail again although she goes into dry dock for scheduled maintenance in Sept.

Go to carnivalcruise.com and click on FUN SHIPS to check out what goes where, when, then come back to this site and ask who has sailed those ships.

Have fun, and Happy Birthday to whoever!
Old August 17th, 2003, 07:51 AM
Admiral

We are leaving out of Tampa in March on the Carnival Inspiration.
Western Caribbean itinerary (Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Costa Maya, and Belize).

Might want to look into that ship.
Old August 17th, 2003, 01:38 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Newbie Cruiser

If it is a 'party type' cruise you want then the shorter the better and even better if it is during the summer or during one of the school breaks. The longer the cruise the less likely very young and rambuncious people will be on it. While there is a great atmosphere onboard those ships and lots of fun and even 'partying' going on, understand that partying does not mean heavy drinking. That just isn't appreciated by most of the passengers or the cruiseline either for that matter.
Jim

Old August 18th, 2003, 09:51 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Newbie Cruiser

Hi,

I'm cruising on the Fascination on Sept. 22. Do you know if the dry dock will be before or after this date? Thanks!
Old August 18th, 2003, 12:17 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to Michele

I just got off the fascination (carnival) 4day to key west and cozumel. Cozumel is a great place if you want to have a party atmosphere. There is carlos n charlies and fat tuesday..... lets just say i dont remember alot.
Any questions email.
Old August 18th, 2003, 06:21 PM
Cruise Maniac

Inspirations's got a great W. Carib itinerary, although you can't go wrong on any Carnival ship Fantasy-class and above. And, every party's what you make it, if your group has fun together, you'll have fun anywhere.

And, once you go on a Carnival cruise, you can get past-guest discounts on your next cruise. I have a Carnival vacation planner I have worked with on 2 cruises, and he's beaten all TAs, internet and storefront. He got me a great deal on my next cruise (11/9, E. Caribb on Paradise) .

Good luck!