Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 17th, 2003, 01:37 PM
concha

Default just returned...feel funny

We just returned from a 5-day cruise on the Imagination. Lots of fun! But I am just now starting to feel well. Since I got off the boat, 3 days ago, I have felt fuzzy-headed, a bit dizzy, and a little off balance. A few others from our group complained of the same thing. Has anyone else experienced this? By the way, the Kayak/Dunns Falls Jamaica trip is highly recommended!
Sponsored Links
Old August 17th, 2003, 01:53 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: just returned...feel funny

Yes, it takes a few days to readdjust to solid ground. its your equilibrium . Your mind is still swaying on the ship. Takes about 3-4 days depending on what you do. Its your body's way of saying I want to still be on the ship
Old August 17th, 2003, 02:22 PM
sunluva7

Yes, in addition to all of the above, I also have "Cruise Blues". My home remedy: plan another one!
Old August 17th, 2003, 04:08 PM
concha

Default Re: Re: just returned...feel funny

I figured it was the equilibrium or dehydration...(maybe too many Planters Punch), but I think I am readjusting to being on land again. I too am going through Cruise Blues. I went in a group of 14 and aside from always running into one of them, I always had something to do....cruise blues is a perfect way to say it.
Old August 17th, 2003, 05:04 PM
susancruzs

I always look at the imbalance as a good thing! Those that have great sea legs, don't get seasick, get the after affects in varying degress, sometimes I get quite sick. I would rather be dizzy a little imbalanced afterward than seasick onboard!!! :-)

Susie
Old August 17th, 2003, 05:24 PM
jamie gunter

I usually have the same problem, althought are last 7 day cruise, no problem. Maybe I am getting used to it!
Old August 17th, 2003, 10:11 PM
Sea Girl

on one cruise I swayed for two weeks!!!!!!
Old August 17th, 2003, 11:49 PM
Captain

The cure for PCD (post cruise depression) is to start planning another one!!!

Dena

Old August 18th, 2003, 07:31 AM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to MP

"Cruise Blues" and "Post cruise Depression".....perfect terms to describe it. I was soooooooo down after my cruise in July. I was on the net the very next day searching for where to go on my next cruise when I found this site. Didnt realize how many people loved cruising and had the blues after their trip! Glad I'm not alone.
As for "feeling funny", it lasts from anywhere to a few days to over a week. Everyone's different but it eventually goes away. Its like a nice little reminder of what we're missing!
Old August 18th, 2003, 11:05 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

I always end up taking Bonine for a couple days after we get back because of the same feeling.

Harry
Old August 20th, 2003, 07:34 PM
Passenger

I'm so glad to hear that the dizziness is common...although I'm sorry to hear others are suffering! My husband and I left the ship 3 days ago and he's been complaining of dizzy spells. It kind of scared me, but now it seems there may be a logical explanation! He wasn't feeling well onboard (due to the rocking of the ship and slight heat stroke), so I think this is just a continuation.

I, on the other hand, understand the post-cruise depression!! We've talked about taking another cruise in 2005. Is it too early to start planning?!