Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 18th, 2003, 07:45 AM
eric&sandi

Default Hotel suggestions for Port of Miami

Making my own flight arrgmnts. and want to arrive a day ahead and reading a post on some message board heard about a great hotel overlooking the port of Miami but I didn't write down it"s name. Any Ideas
Sponsored Links
Old August 18th, 2003, 10:50 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Hotel suggestions for Port of Miami

We are also going a day ahead. We have made reservations at the Holiday Inn Marina Park. It`s nice and reasonable. It is right a cross from the port of miami and Bayside (restaurants and shopping). Some cruisemate members have booked through priceline and have gotten great prices at teh sheraton and marriotts. If you don`t use price line they can be a little expensive. Good Luck!
Old August 18th, 2003, 11:19 AM
Beginner

I went on Priceline and got the Hyatt Regency (overlooks the Port of Miami) for only $38/night for pre-stay in October
Old August 18th, 2003, 11:28 AM
MichelleM

We also stayed at the Hyatt Regency in Miami via priceline. It is a wonderful hotel, within easy walking distance to the Bayside marketplace and about a $5-10 cab ride to the port depending on the traffic in the port area.
Old August 18th, 2003, 12:25 PM
suzys

We stay at the Marriot Biscayne Bay - about 10 minutes from the pier.
Old August 18th, 2003, 01:08 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Hotel suggestions for Port of Miami

We just made arrangements to stay at the Marriott Marina Bay on December 19th. They had a 2 bedroom suite for four of us with transportation to the pier and full buffet breakfast for $149.00. I am still looking into seeing if I can find anything else that might be cheaper. We also will have to pay $20 for transportation from the airport to the motel. Would like to hear more suggestions. Thanks.
Old August 18th, 2003, 01:35 PM
suzys

you can also try The Sheraton Biscayne Bay.
Old August 18th, 2003, 05:16 PM
Cruise Maniac

Priceline is a great option. I paid $38 per night, it's on Biscayne Bay and it's 2.5 miles to the port, maybe $5-10 cabride.
Old August 18th, 2003, 05:40 PM
Passenger

I bid $35 and got the Radisson at Biscayne Bay also, so it was $40 with taxes. I hope this is a good one, but Radissons are usually nice.
Old August 18th, 2003, 06:33 PM
Admiral

Our cruise in Feb we booked via priceline.com the Hyatt Regency for 45/night.

Very close to the pier and we got a nice room overlooking the port and saw all the cruiseships in line! Really nice.

Old August 18th, 2003, 07:03 PM
eric&sandi

Thanks for all the advice but the DAMN airline wants 180 bucks just to change our flight so we are just going to fly in to Miami at 1150 and rush to the ship. Eric
Old August 20th, 2003, 03:44 PM
Vacation Needed

Did you book airfare on your own or through Carnival?????
Old August 20th, 2003, 10:22 PM
eric&sandi

Default Re: Re: Re: Hotel suggestions for Port of Miami

Booked on my own. I had $400.00 in credits from Northwest because of volunteering to be bumped on a bussiness trip a few months ago. Eric
Old August 20th, 2003, 11:01 PM
Christopher

How do you know that you will get a hotle like the Hyatt and not just any hotel in downtown Miami? I only see where is letys you pick downtown not the port.
Old August 20th, 2003, 11:32 PM
Passenger

Check out a rental car.
Pick up at the airport and drop off at the pier.
Free shuttle from the drop off back to the pier.
I found one from Fort Lauderdale airport to Miami pier for $28. (Intermediate)
Just an idea to look at.
Remembr to check how much for parking at the hotel.
Good Luck.

Old August 21st, 2003, 06:14 AM
Admiral

Before I bid I went to biddingfortravel.com and on their site there is a list by cities on what hotels are in what areas. You can review that before bidding.

And also it's a great message board to get ideas on how to get a good bid on a hotel in the area you want at the right price.

Old August 21st, 2003, 02:50 PM
Marie and Audra

Sheraton Biscayne Bay is really nice.. I stayed there before our cruise in January and am staying there again Sept. 19th... Go to their own web site and check prices I got a better deal from them than on the priceline, orbitz sites.... Have fun!!

Marie
Old August 22nd, 2003, 08:54 PM
Admiral

Jose and I are now spoiled for the future! For our trip in July, I bid for the Intercontinental Miami on Priceline. It is the only 4 star listed in downtown Miami on the biddingfortravel website, and Jose had always wanted to stay there. In checking our dates on thier website, the rate was $279 per night, and we got it on Priceline for $70!! That will always be our goal for future trips to Miami! On the same trip, coming back from Cozumel, I got the Hyatt Regency on Priceline for about $40. I don't remember the exact amount. It is a nice hotel, but that 11th floor room at the Intercontinental, looking out over Bayside and the Port of Miami was like being in heaven!

Old August 22nd, 2003, 09:14 PM
Admiral

I use priceline all the time now after realizing the great bargains you can get on there if you research! Just think how much money you saved! WOW

I got the Hyatt Regency there for 45.00/night overlooking the pier and it was so nice.

We got the Wyndham resort in Orlando for Labor day weekend for 35/night as we're going down there to Universal Studios.

Old August 23rd, 2003, 11:01 PM
Beginner

I recently booked the holiday inn marina park.. 21 day advance purchase cost me $61.00 for one night and i used my priority club points for a free stay the other night.. I work for an airline so i am going down on a thursday and staying 2 days in miami so i know i will be there.. Holiday inn seemed like a great choice because its right across the street from bayside market lots of shops and some boat excursions around the bay.. And its only 1/4 mile from the port..

Old August 24th, 2003, 08:04 AM
susancruzs

The Intercontinental and the Hyatt are great choices. We stayed at the Hyatt and it was very nice. There is a convention center (attached), it is a stop on the aerial tram that circles downtown. We took it to the stop just opposite Bayside, saved a little walking!
We were able to see the ships come in and our ship from the balcony!

People that have been doing the 3 star for Priceline, usually get the Hyatt.

Susie
Old August 26th, 2003, 10:32 AM
Captain

When booking thru Priceline, what Star level are you choosing in Miami. Also is the choce for Miami (downtown) or are there other options for the closest to the pier.
Old August 26th, 2003, 02:43 PM
Admiral

When I got the Hyatt Regency in Miami I picked 3 star.
Can't remember what area though cause it's been awhile but I think if you look at the map you can get an idea on where to pick.

Old September 2nd, 2003, 11:59 PM
Admiral

Lou,

Pick the downtown Miami area to be near the pier. The Intercontinental is 4 star, and the Hyatt is 3 star. Priceline is great, because you can get such nice properties for such reasonable amounts.

Old September 3rd, 2003, 01:28 PM
mgood

Go to betterbidding.com and read the Priceline boards. It is amazing the amount of information they will provide for you. I had never used Priceline before and by using the strategy that they gave me I was able to book the Sheraton Biscayne Bay (3* on Priceline, 3.5* on Hotwire) for this November for $35!! A couple of days later I called the hotel direct to confirm that they had my reservation and to set up for the type of room we wanted (non-smoking, view of the bay, two beds etc.). They were very accomodating. I can't say enough about the betterbidding.com site. They explain everything about free zones for rebidding on Priceline. They will tell you how to bid the different star levels and how to add zones to rebid, and even how much to try bidding. I also booked a Marriott hotel post cruise in Fort Lauderdale. The Marriott website showed the best price at $249, we got it for $49 + tax. I'll never book hotels any other way again.
Old September 3rd, 2003, 02:35 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Hotel suggestions for Port of Miami

mgood,
I'm the same way with priceline too! I booked it once to try it out and see what I'd get and we got a hotel in Orlando (wellsley inn) with a kitchen for 35.00! The price on their website was 109.00 for the same room! I have used priceline 5x's since and can't get any better deals online anywhere but thru them. On our cruise in March we'll be leaving out of Tampa so I'm using Priceline for the 2 days prior cause we're driving down early (we live in Jax). I haven't had any troubles with the hotels I've gotten and I've always gotten 3* hotels on there for like 35/night. I was alittle leary about the whole thing about giving out your CC number prior but it's always worked out well for me as I research the hotels and areas and look on biddingfortravel.com for ideas.

I think once you try it you'll use it alot more.