Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 18th, 2003, 11:59 AM
Jecca

Default Cruising in February

I'm looking into a Western Carribbean cruise in February. Has anyone gone there during that time? What's the weather like? In general, is it a good or bad time to cruise? i.e. cold, rainy, etc.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Jessica
Sponsored Links
Old August 18th, 2003, 12:32 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Cruising in February

Jessica, I cruised Sensation last Feb. 3rd to Grand Caymen and Cozumel. I'm from the Cleveland area and think that's a perfect time to cruise. It breaks up our horrible winters. We left from Tampa which was around 60 degrees. First evening on the ship required sweatshirt and windbreaker. But, after steaming south all night, woke up to beautiful tropical 70's before sunrise weather. And the rest of the trip was perfect. Low 70s in evening mid 80s during the day. Liked it so much, booked on Inspiration Feb. 8th this year.

Old August 18th, 2003, 01:11 PM
Cruise Maniac

We took our first cruise last February 15th on the Inspiration. They had a blizzard back home in the Boston area - we missed it - yippeee. The weather was beautiful. We were on the western caribbean - Grand Cayman, Cozumel, New Orleans. New Orleans was damp and cool, but the rest of the cruise was wonderful weather. Am hoping that our Christmas cruise this year to the eastern caribbean is just as nice.
Old August 18th, 2003, 02:51 PM
Admiral

Jessica,
We have often cruised in Feb, March, and April and even May and they are very nice times of the year to do so. We are again cruising to the exotic western Caribbean onboard the Voyager of the Seas with a good number of friends in a group on Feb 22, 2004 and everyone is well looking forward to it. A good time of the year to cruise.
Jim

Old August 18th, 2003, 06:34 PM
Admiral

I cruised the Sensation in Feb but in 1999 when it went to New Orleans.

It was warm in Cozumel (shorts, tshirt) but in New Orleans it happened to be a cold day so we needed pants and a light jacket.

Just bring shorts and a pair of slacks in case it gets cool but it you'll be in Cozumel it should be nice!