Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 18th, 2003, 08:40 PM
CMP

Default New Orleans Hotel

Looking for a hotel at the Port of New Orleans before sailing on the Conquest.
Sponsored Links
Old August 18th, 2003, 10:16 PM
Passenger

Default Re: New Orleans Hotel

Try the Holiday Inn Select right on Convention center blvd. They have a package called "cruise &park". It consists of one night stay, one bottle of wine, breakfast for two, free shuttle to/from the pier, and parking for the entire week for $189 plus tax. You need to call the hotel directly and ask for the cruise & park rate. We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn a few blocks away and was very nice but we paid $115 for one night with breakfast and parking was $10/day. Then we took a cab to/from the pier and that was $14 each way. We are booked on the Conquest again in Feb and I will try and get this hotel. I didn't happen upon this deal until we got back from our last cruise on the Conquest a couple of weeks ago.

Imagination 96
Destiny 97
Holiday 99
Fascination 01
Rotterdam 02
Conquest 07/03
Conquest 02/29/04
Old August 19th, 2003, 01:56 PM
Captain

We have booked the Hilton riverside....looks very nice and real close to the ships. Not a bad price for New Orleans....nothing there is cheap.

Sensation

Old August 19th, 2003, 03:34 PM
crazeekathi

Staying at the Queen and crescent on Camp Street 11 October the day before we cruise. Nice hotel with good AARP rates. The rooms are usually $169.00, however with the AARP discount it is $115.00 per night. Three blocks from the quarter and free continental breakfast.
Old August 19th, 2003, 04:16 PM
Sed157

We leaving 9/22 and have booked a room @ Prince Conti in the French Quarter price wasn't bad $70. Haven't stayed there before but worth checking it out for the price. Make sure you check out Cafe Beignets for breakfast.... fantastic and cheap! There's one on Decatur and one on Royal.
Old August 20th, 2003, 11:49 AM
RichT

The biddingfortravel site showed most people paying $50-$60 per night on Priceline.

My bid of $50 got accepted for a 3* in the convention center area.

I feel that it's always worth trying priceline for hotels. The other resource that I use is travelaxe.net. They go to expedia, hotwire, and those places and get their rates.
Old August 20th, 2003, 02:28 PM
Passenger

Do NOT stay at the Radisson on Canal Street. I was there for a convention in July, and the place is a dump. It is also far away from the port and in a bad neighborhood.
Old August 20th, 2003, 04:43 PM
Passenger

I've booked hubby and I at the Wyndham Riverfront. Got a rate of $99.00. Its across the street from the Hilton Riverside.
Old August 26th, 2003, 10:03 AM
flyme2

I used Priceline for New Orleans in September for a post cruise stay. Got the Sheraton for $50. Sheryl's BiddingForTravel.com website is a godsend.
Old August 26th, 2003, 11:38 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to YankeesBrat

We booked through Harrahs and were originally scheduled for the DoubleTree which looked beautiful... ended up getting switched to the Sheraton on Canal which was just as nice, bigger and in a great location.... Definetly worth considering, although I don't know the price normally. We paid $89 on a Sunday night through Harrahs.

Old August 26th, 2003, 05:33 PM
Koko

The Sheraton is wonderful, don't use hotels.com though, we did and we ended up without a reservation for thenight. Turns out, it was cheaper to call the hotel and book than the rate we thought we got on the website.
Old August 26th, 2003, 07:02 PM
FlyingFinn

We stayed at the Spring Hill Suites in 2002 before sailing Inspiration which was reasonable and only 2 blocks up from the pier. Great room, cheap off street parking. In March 2003 we stayed at the Hilton Riverside and the computers were down so we were unable to check in and shower before dinner and our rooms had used soaps and dirty linenes and the heat lamp in the shower did leak from the above shower. We were unable to get another room but they offered us free parking for the night for the problems (about 20.00 savings). I think I am goig to check out the Holiday Inn Select cruise and park package mentioned about this year or maybe go back to Spring Hill Suites this year.
Old August 29th, 2003, 12:32 AM
Lesley

My group of 8 used Priceline.com for hotel reservations in New Orleans. 4 of us got Sheraton on Canal Street for $50 and 4 of us got Marriott on Canal St. for $52. Have used Priceline.com for about 30 hotel reservations in the last year and NEVER been disappointed with the Hotel we got. (we always request 4 star and have never paid more than $60 for Hilton/Wyndam/Sheraton quality.) Too bad they don't have Priceline for parking lol.
Old September 26th, 2003, 04:37 PM
Polly Deal

Default Re: Re: New Orleans Hotel

My husband and I were on the Conquest in July. We left on the 20th. Looking for someone who bought the Welcome Aboard video. We ended up with a different cruise video. We can't get the right one from Carnival, so they said if we could find someone with the right one, we could get a copy, no problem.
If you can help me contact me at pollydeal@snip.net
Thanks, Polly
Old September 29th, 2003, 12:37 PM
Rufus

We're staying at the Monte Leone Hotel in the French Quarter in November. We can hardly wait. It's a newly renovated hotel with old world charm close to everything we are wanting to see before we board on the Sunday.
Old September 30th, 2003, 10:06 AM
Passenger

I stayed at the Marriott on Canal for $40 through Priceline...

I'd stayed there before on business and payed over $170/night