Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 18th, 2003, 08:11 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Carnival Victory~~Flying to NEW YORK~~

Could anyone tell us which airport in New York that you fly in to if you have your flight booked with Carnival?

Also from the airport to the port terminal what route do the taxi/bus take. Can you see many sites other than all the traffic. You know like Time Square, etc.?

I know I should have ask Carnival but, the boards are more fun.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old August 18th, 2003, 08:43 PM
Doug Gunn

Default Re: Carnival Victory~~Flying to NEW YORK~~

I would also like the answers to your questions. I will be taking the fall folige cruise New England to Canada in late September. I will also be spending one day in New York.
Old August 18th, 2003, 09:01 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Carnival Victory~~Flying to NEW YORK~~

Doug,

Are you going this September? We are booked for Septemeber 25, 2004. We know it's early to start learning and planning, but all that you can have done the better.

Did you book you air/cruise with Carnival as well?

Maybe some of those veteran cruise out there will soon answer our question.
Old August 19th, 2003, 10:31 AM
jacobs

hi my name is connie I WILL ALSO BE ON THE SEPT. 27TH VICTORY AND SPENDING ONE DAY IN NEW YORK...WE WILL BE STAYING AT THE DOUBLETREE SUITE IN TIME SQUARE. THEY SAID ITS ONLY A 5;00 DOLLAR CAB RIDE FROM HOTEL TO SHIP. CARNIVAL USUALLY FLYS INTO LA GUARDIA.....
Old August 19th, 2003, 08:55 PM
Doug Gunn

Default Re: Re: Carnival Victory~~Flying to NEW YORK~~

I will be staying at the Marriott while in New York. Tell me what is the one thing you would like to do during your visit. I plan on taking a four hour limo ride, of visit the Statue of Liberty. I will top off my stay with a visit to the Empire State Building.
Old August 19th, 2003, 09:07 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: Carnival Victory~~Flying to NEW YORK~~

Doug,

Well that is the hard part. We have never been to this part of the US so, of course would like to see all we can but, know our time will be limited.

Somethings are of course Time Square, Central Park, Empire State bldg., well you know all those things you see on the Travel Channels and other TV shows.

I know, I asking for to much in a short time. Hope as well, the reviews I've read sat that we will sail past the Statue of Liberty. Do you know how close it will be to get pictures. We will be going the last week of September of 2004 and we're not sure how much daylight there will be. Our sailing time is 4pm. Just hope there's enough daylight to get good pictures of her.

I just know that I will have chill bumps and tear up when I see her.

Like I said we're asking for too much to pack into about 6 or 8 hours of daylight after we land in New York. Plus fighting the traffic to get to the sites.

Thanks,
The Scotts
Old August 20th, 2003, 01:43 PM
jacobs

Default Re: Re: Re: Carnival Victory~~Flying to NEW YORK~~

HI DOUG..WE WANT TO SEE EMPIRE STATE BUILDING ...WE ARE GOING TO GO AT NIGHT. OPEN UNTIL MIDNIGHT...WE ARE NOT DOING THE LIBERTY BECAUSE ITS NOT OPEN AND WE SAIL BY IT ON OUR WAY OUT....THEY SAY ITS A PRETTY VIEW OF IT GOING OUT .....WE ARE STAYING IN TIME SQ... SO WE WANT TO SEE IT....WE WILL ALSO BE WALKING DOWN TO ROCKERFELLER CENTER AND ST. PATRICKS CHURCH....AND THEN OVER TO CARIEGNES DELI ON 50TH ST.. FAMOUS DELI. BEST CHEESE CAKE AND SANDWICHES IN THE WORLD. AND WE WANT TO SEE THE LARGEST TOYS R US. IN THE WORLD....THREE STORIES HIGH......
Old August 20th, 2003, 02:55 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Carnival Victory~~Flying to NEW YORK~~

Hi Scotts,

You will have plenty of daylight at 4:00 PM and will be close enough to get great pictures.
Old August 20th, 2003, 05:55 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Carnival Victory~~Flying to NEW YORK~~

Thanks,

Not sure where our cabin will be yet, booked a 8A guarn. with balcony so not sure if we will be port or starboard side yet.

Can you get good pictures from you cabin balcony if your on the side of the ship that pass the Statue? Or should we go up on the lido deck or top deck. My DH hates the push and rush that's why he likes the balcony so much. We can just sit or stand there and enjoy it all without the rush, push and hurry that goes on the upper decks at sail time.
Old August 20th, 2003, 06:07 PM
Doug Gunn

Guess i will do the four hour Limo tour since I have it budgeted for my trip. Can anyone tell me if you can wask from 42 street by Time Square to the Empire State Building, and if Madison Square Garden is in walking distance from The Empire State Building.
Old August 20th, 2003, 08:03 PM
Andee

Both of those walks are quite short. In midtown, NY is a grid: the Avenues run uptown and downtown, the Streets run crosstown. The crosstown blocks are long, the uptown/downtown blocks are short.

The Empire State Building is at 5th Ave and 34th St. If you walk down Broadway (a diagonal street) from 42nd St to 34th St (eight short blocks), you'll be at 6th Ave; turn left and walk one long block to the Empire State Buidling.

Madison Square Garden is between 7th and 8th Aves, between 31st and 32nd Streets. I can't remember where in that block the entrance is. From the Empire State Building, head west on 34th St to 7th Ave, then left to 32nd St.
Old August 21st, 2003, 10:30 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Carnival Victory~~Flying to NEW YORK

If you're on the starboard side you should be able to get good pix of the statue from your balcony