Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 19th, 2003, 03:36 AM
Beginner

Default Can I bring a cooler/alcohol aboard VICTORY?

What kinds of alcohol and beverages am I allowed to bring aboard victory.

also can I bring a cooler?
Sponsored Links
Old August 19th, 2003, 08:01 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Can I bring a cooler/alcohol aboard VICTORY?

You would not want to carry a big cooler I hope because it has to go thru xray! We have always brought wine and/or champagne. Beer however has been a problem along with hard liquor.
Old August 19th, 2003, 09:09 AM
SnowWhiteNYC

We always bring a cooler. When we fly we pack a colapsible cooler and ask the taxi to stop at a super market on the way. We bring soda and bottled water. Have not tried alcohol other than wine. When we drive we take a regular cooler put the beverages in there and check it with the rest of our luggage. Make a point to see the room steward the first day and give them an extra $10 right off the top and ask for ice. In our experience they have always gone above and beyond keeping the cooler stocked with ice and beverages. Steward always gets an extra tip at end. Even with the tipping saves us a bundle and we get to drink what we like....

Been on Triumph, Destiny, Pride and Glory as well as ships from my youth that I no longer recall....
Old August 19th, 2003, 02:03 PM
First Mate

Am I allowed to bring my own beverages onboard?
Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board. Fine wine or champagne may be brought on board during embarkation at the beginning of the cruise only. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the dining room.

Guests may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages. Excessive quantities, to be determined at the discretion of security and/or embarkation personnel, will be confiscated and retained by Carnival until the cruise is completed.

Guests may purchase a variety of beverages onboard the ship. Alcoholic beverages will not be sold or served to anyone under the age of 21. We reserve the right to refuse the sale of alcoholic beverages to anyone. Alcoholic beverages purchased in the ship's gift shop or in ports of call will be retained by Carnival until the end of the voyage.

Note: The legal drinking age onboard is 21 and is strictly enforced. We do not allow the purchase of drinks or bottles of liquor by adults for minors. Possession of alcohol by a minor will not be tolerated and any found will be confiscated, even if found in cabin.
Old August 19th, 2003, 06:55 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Can I bring a cooler/alcohol aboard VICTORY?

The official statement from Carnival, as posted above, is to be taken with a grain of salt. We carried a cooler on for our 7/27 cruise on the Conquest and had no problem. It contained 12 24oz diet cokes, a dozen or so bottles of water and two kinds of wine. The cooler is large and we had it full. We were hoping to be able to send it with our luggage but the porter said they don't allow that and it's a good thing anyway the way the pier personnel throw the luggage around. So we carried it on and at security we were asked to open it and they looked in and said ok carry it through the metal detector. Very easy.

Imagination 96
Destiny 97
Holiday 99
Fascination 01
Rotterdam 02
Conquest 07/03
Conquest 02/29/04
Old August 19th, 2003, 08:01 PM
First Mate

CDABBS
Excessive quantities, to be determined at the discretion of security and/or embarkation personnel,

I beg to disagree with you as the above sentence here is key. What you brought onboard certainly is not excessive, however depending on the port, the day, the hour, the mental attitude etc., of the security and/or embarkation personnel comes into play. In one set of circunstances 2 or 3 cases of non alcoholic beverage may not be deemed excessive but at another it may be, just depends and one takes that chance when bringing beverages aboard.
I'm sure that if a person is reasonable in the amount they bring they will not be bothered.