Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 19th, 2003, 06:42 PM
Passenger

Default Carnival formal photo reprints

Hi,

I was looking to get a reprint of a photo taken onboard. My parents were on Fascination in May 2003 and I'm looking to get one of their pictures enlarged. Is there a copyright on these photos? If so, does Carnival let you make copies with permission?

Nicole

Sponsored Links
Old August 20th, 2003, 07:10 AM
CactusCruise

Default Re: Carnival formal photo reprints

The pictures are the property of the purchaser. You can do whatever you want with them.
Old August 20th, 2003, 01:24 PM
MARY MARTIN

Walmart won't let you make copies at least the one in Lebanon TN won't. But all is not lost. We have a place here ( and I'm sure you can find these all over) that makes copies, prints business cards etc. They will scan you picture and enlarge it and make 8 x 10's or they can shrink it and make wallet size prints, etc. They print on photo paper so they are really good quality and they are cheap. I think we paid a dollar and some change to make a copy of an 8 x 10. You might look into this.
Good luck,
Inspiration....25 days and counting 9/14/03
mmarti18
Old August 20th, 2003, 04:02 PM
jamie gunter

You can make copies. If there is nothing on the back saying it is copywrited, than dont worry about it. We get copies made every cruise.
Old August 20th, 2003, 05:43 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Carnival formal photo reprints

We had some of ours copied at Wal-Mart.

Ran by Dollar Tree one day to get some paper plates, etc. for a dinner at work and found these cute 4X5 frame with shells. So I took a couple of our formal pictures and had them reduced to fit the frames.

Also, if you live in a large city there are office supplies that do color copy's and they as well are very good quality.

If the photo studio's name is not on the back or front of the photo, you can copy them.
Old August 21st, 2003, 07:13 AM
Admiral

I guess it depends, we have been to Walmart, Kmart, Target and several other places and where unable to get copies but they are professional photos even though I explained that it was on a cruise ship. If you find a place good luck!
Old August 21st, 2003, 09:21 AM
Passenger

We have the do it yourself Kodak machines in our drug stores (Walgreenís, CVS, Rite Aid) they are also in some Kmartís and Wal-Martís. It is very simple to do and the screen prompts you and helps you. If you do them yourself you won't have a problem with copyright etc. You can make various sizes wallets to 8x10's to photo cards. It's about $5 for an 8x10 sheet and depending what size combo you pick you can get a fair amount of photos. About every 3 weeks or so in the Sunday paper there are coupons for buy one get one, This makes it very affordable. Also this machine lets you crop and tinker with the photo in case you want to tweak it a bit. For the price we paid for these photos I think we bought all the rights. You may want to remove the sticker off the back it was there for security purposes so you wouldn't walk off with it out of the photo gallery. If it's on there maybe thatís why they won't copy it for you. The tags are still on most of mine sometimes they removed them and sometimes they just deactivated it. Last cruise I was on they forgot to deactivate my photo purchases and the bells and whistles went off I felt like a true criminal. Of course I had them in the carnival bag with my receipt so I was told just to go on and they shut the alarm off.
You should be able to copy these photos and if they really give you a hard time talk reasonably with the department manager and I think they will make it right.
Good Luck.

One more thing... It's not like you can call Carnival and request more copies, they don't have them stored anywhere. So they are not being ripped off.