Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 22nd, 2003, 04:46 PM
Passenger

Default Carnival Glory...on the way back

Folks,
I am posting this from the internet center on the Glory...as I type we are several hundred miles from port. The western trip was great...and I will post a review on sunday...and maybe a few other posters will comment when they get back also.

Weather was good...seas calm...Glory is just fantastic. If you have any specific questions post them to this thread and I will attempt to answer all of them. I have seen several request for Carnival Capers from the Glory....and I will be returning with all of them. Anyone on a western cruise...can email me and I will scan them and email them back to you.

Rick
Sponsored Links
Old August 22nd, 2003, 09:32 PM
Craig

Default Re: Carnival Glory...on the way back

we are thinking of booking on the glory. We have two chidren - ages 2 and 4. Is the ship good for kids?
Old August 22nd, 2003, 09:37 PM
dwayne

How are the cabins? Going in Cat 11. this next week. Can you bring a 12 pack of your own favorite pop? Which nights are formal? Hear it's a bit more upscale and getting better on the service end of things too, any info I am sure would be loved by hundreds.
Old August 22nd, 2003, 09:45 PM
dwayne

Just one more question, last time we sailed when we were debarking they allowed us to stay in our cabin till our group was called to leave, this was wonderful and relaxing, do they do that on the Glory?
Old August 23rd, 2003, 12:05 AM
anita kennedy

Default Re: Re: Carnival Glory...on the way back

Just wondering why people with children below th eage of 9 or so would not think of a disney cruise. Seems that would be more fun for the children. I don't mean you are not welcomed on the others but have you done disney yet?
Old August 23rd, 2003, 02:29 PM
Passenger

Looking forward to your review, especially the ports and what you did and didn't like.
Did you attend the repeaters party? day and time. I'd love a copy of the capers and finally did Carnival give out those cute red/white/blue ships tail pins?
Thanks for your time.
rdonte@cox.net
Old August 23rd, 2003, 02:48 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Carnival Glory...on the way back

I am taking my 1 year old daughter on a cruise in November. I hear Disney is good but I have been on Carnival before and have heard kids crying when the parents dont let them go to Camp Carnival. My daughter will be to young for that but will have the whole family on board with us..

Carnival Jubilee "02"

Carnival Conquest "03"
Old August 24th, 2003, 12:18 AM
Cruise Maniac

We are sailing the Glory next Saturday, August 30th. We have always brought extra dry cleaner hangers and was wondering if this is necessary this time. They were not needed on the Star Princess.

Azure Seas 82
Tropicale 88
Julbilee 89
Jubilee 91
Elation 99
Westerdam 01
Inspiration 01
Star Princess 02
NCL Star 02
Star Princess 03
Glory 03
Old August 24th, 2003, 12:10 PM
Passenger

Hello Folks,

Craig - We had our Nine year old on the ship and it was great...he met friends and had a blast....Camp Carnival would be a good choice for your kids...2 is a little young but there were many young ones on this cruise. I selected this ship because the childrens area was large...you will be interested to know that the dining room has all the childrens foods)that they like anyway), hot dogs, chicken nuggets, pizza, mac and cheese ect. there were over 500 children under the age of 15 on my cruise...and I must say I saw more Problems with adults on board.

Dwayne - We had a Cat 11 and it was great...the sofa makes a single and the it had a queen size bed for my wife. You have a longe chair and regular deck chair on the balcony with two tables. They are plastic, but heavy duty plastic and resemble real wood. The bathroom has two sinks with either real granite or a very good imitation.
There is a dressing room off the bathroom with hair dryer and large mirror. Plenty of room. Remember to use the skippers club boarding...I was on the ship in 10 minutes

As for Pop...the smart thing to do it buy the pop card once on board...they will give you cans which you can bring back to you cabin...I always had a can or two in the cabin.
When you debark you may stay in your cabin till 9:00 am then you must get out...We self debarked(took our own luggage) and were off the ship by 8:45 am. If you don't self debark then they want you to gather in one of the public lounges. They let the pople on land packages and early flights off first...then call the color tags...hint they debark from the top of the ship down...lower cabins last. Spa deck first ect.

Anita - This cruise is appropiate (IMHO) for children under 9 and probally down to the age of 2. Carnival realizes that people have kids and has a wonderful program for them. I have done the Magic and see no real difference other that the absence of the disney characters...I do like Disney, but they do not discount as carnival does.

The rest I will save for my review which I will work on this afternoon...I will scan the capers on monday. If you want a copy email me cking2@kingsuperstores.com and I will send you a copy via email.

Rick
Old August 24th, 2003, 06:19 PM
Passenger

Renee,
Yes we we invited to the repeaters party...but did not go. Carnival does give out the pins and we got two.

Teresa,
Our Cat 11 cabin had about twenty suit style hangers...I am not much for formal nights but did take a suit coat and my wife took a couple of dresses.

Rick
Old August 25th, 2003, 09:48 PM
cindy1

Default christmas cruises and offshore fishing

I would love to hear from someone who has been on a Christmas cruise. Anything special?. We are going on the Glory for Christmas.
My husband is interrested in the cost of offshore fishing anyone tried that on a Western Carribean cruise?
Old August 25th, 2003, 11:24 PM
dwayne

Thanks so much for the info cking, realy ready to go too. Glad to hear pop card does give you cans, can these be gotten at any bar stop or only from certain ones? Bought some on Princess and the waiters snarled at you and hardly ever came back with pop since they recieved no tip from a per pay soda.
Old August 25th, 2003, 11:24 PM
dwayne

Thanks so much for the info cking, realy ready to go too. Glad to hear pop card does give you cans, can these be gotten at any bar stop or only from certain ones? Bought some on Princess and the waiters snarled at you and hardly ever came back with pop since they recieved no tip from a per pay soda.
Old August 26th, 2003, 01:40 AM
Lori Byrne

Hello everyone, We returned from our Aug. 9th cruise on the Glory with glowing reports. We loved the ship, food, people and our 18 month old grandaughter loved camp carnival and cried to stay when we took her for a family play time in the afternoon. I am an early childhood major and I was so impressed with the program carnival has in place and felt very comfortable with my grandaughter enjoying her time there. You can't leave the toddlers for more than two hours during the day and they do have some sort of a sleepover program for night time use. We just used the time to play with our granddaughter in a very nice play setting. The dinning room staff was so good to the children and they made sure they had food that they would eat. We can't wait to go again. Lori
Old August 26th, 2003, 09:12 AM
Passenger

Dwayne,
The Pop card can be used at any bar...and I had no problem with the bar waiters in the dining room..they had my son and the other kids drinks waiting for them every night. Didn't even ask if they wanted a refill...just brought it. They will not give Kids a can, but adults can ask for one with no problem.

Rick
Old August 27th, 2003, 01:04 AM
Cruise Maniac

Rick,

Thanks for the info. Another question, which nights/ports are formal nights and which was more "formal"? Only a few more days to go. Can't wait!!! I grew up in Cocoa Beach, live in CA now and have friends meeting us at the hotel Friday night. We are using the Cocoa Beach Shuttle for only $21/person. Best deal we found. Thanks for your review.
Old September 1st, 2003, 02:01 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Cassie

Skippers club?
Old September 1st, 2003, 03:25 PM
Meggie

I know that when you purchase the soda card on Carnival they add a 15% (or 25c) tip to each soda that you purchase I think somehow this goes to your sail and sign card... which is connected to your drink card. The adult drink card is $29.99, BTW.
However... The kids card is $19.99 and they are not charged the 15% gratuity per drink. They just flash the card- and soda appears... Ain't life grand

Man oh man... to be 13 again

Meggie
Old September 1st, 2003, 06:24 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Carnival Glory...on the way back

There is no added tips when you use a soda card, adult or otherwise. The tip is added only if you use your sail and sign card for drinks.
Jim