Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 25th, 2003, 01:38 PM
Marie and Audra

Default Beach Options???

Hey everyone... I would love to hear from past western carribean cruisers as to which of the beaches are the best to head to at Grand Cayman, Ochos Rios and Cozumel.. Must include bar... Not really looking for a tour just want to catch some good rays and fun atmosphere at the beaches.......... Let us know!! Cruising Sept. 20th on Triumph...
Sponsored Links
Old August 25th, 2003, 02:52 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Beach Options???

I think in Cozumel you can take a cab over to Chankanaab park, nice beach, good snorkeling. Its also the place where they have the dolphin swim. In Grand Cayman there is 7 mile beach, very nice and some OK snorkeling there, but my bet would be to go on an excursion to Sting Ray City while there.

Message Boards Moderator
Old August 25th, 2003, 03:56 PM
Marie and Audra

Thanks Donna!!
Old August 25th, 2003, 06:58 PM
Passenger

Mr. Sanchos is also a good option if you like a sandy beach, plenty of lounge chaires, a bar, resturant, and no fee to enter. Just a $10 cab fair each way for up to four people.
Old August 26th, 2003, 06:56 AM
Marie and Audra

Default Re: Re: Beach Options???

Thank you that's the one we were actually looking at... Thanks!!
Old August 26th, 2003, 07:06 AM
Admiral

There is also Playa Del Sol that includes open bar in the price around $19-20pp. There are lots of activities here and even some shopping. My kids loved this place!
Old August 26th, 2003, 09:09 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Beach Options???(donna)

"I think in Cozumel you can take a cab over to Chankanaab park, nice beach, good snorkeling. Its also the place where they have the dolphin swim. "

You mentioned in the above that chankanaab park has a nice beach and you can also swin with dolphins my question is if we go to the beach can some of us do the dolphin swim even if we didn`t book the tour with the cruise. I ask bc we are a large group(familY) and some would like to do the swim with dolphins but at the same time be able to meet at the beach as well. If we arrive can we jsut book it there? I appreciate your help, Sunshine
Old August 30th, 2003, 03:45 PM
TRISHISCRUISIN

Default Re: Re: Beach Options???

definitely do not buy an excursion through the cruise line if you want to go to the beach.We payed 39.99 plus still had to get a cab to go to playa sol.We asked at the gate how much it is to get in and it is $8 per person.So save your money. when you get off the boat in cozumel and get through the shops where the cabs are there is a board with a list of places to go and how much cab fare is. Try to find another couple to share bacause prices are the same for 1-4 people.(the fare was $14 one way to playa sol beach)
Old August 31st, 2003, 02:36 AM
Passenger

It's $10 to get in the park now!, it was 2 weeks ago...
Old September 1st, 2003, 07:15 PM
First Mate

In cozumel, we went to chakanab park, it was beautiful. Many things to do there as a group. We booked our swim with the dolphins (blast!!!!) through shoretours.com it was 99$ where it was 155$ through carnival. I did see people booking at the place though, but I didnt catch the price.
Email if ??
Old September 1st, 2003, 09:57 PM
Cruise Maniac

Went to Mr. Sanchos in Cozumel less than 2 weeks ago. Great swimming beach- soft sand- clear waters. Bar has swings for seats so don't drink too many, you might fall off. Service is excellent if you just want to sit in a lounge or at a table with umbrella instead. Have fun!

Karen

Carnival Glory- 8/16/03
Old September 2nd, 2003, 10:39 AM
Admiral

Trish did you pay $39.99 pp? The $19 fee we paid included the open bar. I don't think their "gate fee" of $8-10 excludes the open bar. It was well worth it because while we did not get drunk but the kids enjoyed being able to "belly up to the bar" and get unlimited drinks. They also enjoyed the many activities available there.