Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 29th, 2003, 12:28 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Rachel
Default How do they determine who your seating at dinner?

I was wondering how do they determine who you sit with at dinner. Do you have to request to be with singles??? We are three women that are going and my cousin is the only one that is unattached. I'm sure she'd rather sit with singles.
Sponsored Links
Old August 29th, 2003, 12:51 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to CruiseChick
Default Re: How do they determine who your seating at dinner?

If you are in the same cabin its most likely you will sit together at the same table. Cruise lines normally ask the TA what table size the client wants and that will determine if you will sit with others or not. So if your TA says a table for 4 then you will sit together. If she says a table for 8, then you will set with other guests. Also, if the Matre'D sees that there are couples cruising, they will most likely put couples w/other couples, etc.

On our first cruise in 1991 we were unmarried and we were seated at a table for 8. We were the only couple who was NOT on our honeymoon at that table. On our second cruise a few years ago we took our daughter. We were seated w/another couple who had only 1 child as well (a boy) who happened to be close to my daughters age. So you never know. But its my understanding the Matre'D does the table assignments.

Old August 31st, 2003, 02:54 PM
jamie gunter

I believe mostly the Matre'D does the table assigning. We have been on three cruises and always been sat with couples, no children as of we dont have any. Our last cruise there was two seperate single people at our table cruising alone. They were very nice and had good confersations with them.
Old September 6th, 2003, 03:14 AM
Familiar Face

If you have children they try to seat you with families with similar ages of chldren.