CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Can you book your tours from the room? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/192150-can-you-book-your-tours-room.html)

Rachel August 30th, 2003 10:17 AM

Can you book your tours from the room?

I am cruising the Inspiration and was wondering if anyone knew if we could book our tours on the tv in the room? I was told some ships have it in the room.

Thanks!

-Rob August 30th, 2003 10:25 AM

Re: Can you book your tours from the room?

I know the Pride had that interactiv TV thing, not sure about the Inspiration though. Call
1-800-CARNIVAL, they are more than hapy to help 24/7

Rob

Rachel August 30th, 2003 07:23 PM

Re: Re: Can you book your tours from the room?

Thanks for your help!

John S August 31st, 2003 02:34 AM

I just got back from the Inspiration and I don't think that you can book via the TV, but they have infomercials and you can book using the phone....Hope that this helps.
John

Rachel August 31st, 2003 09:53 AM

Re: Re: Can you book your tours from the room?

Thanks John, so you can book your excursions from the phone as soon as you get in your room or at the desk? I just keep hearing people say to book asap because the tours fill up quick. Which excursions would you recommend? How was everything on the ship? Any info you could give me would be greatly appreciated. The one thing I definately want to see is the Turtle Farm in the Caymans, I'm a big time turtle lover!

Thanks!

John S September 1st, 2003 10:05 AM

I would definately go for the Stingray City tour, it's amazing and a once in a lifetime experience. OK not to bust your bubble but the turtle farm is a place where they raise turtles for food! We had newlweds sitting at our dinner table that went there and she said it was depressing to see these turtle and know they'll be a meal someday! I did all the shore excursion bookings on my own, I didn't go through the ship, all my arrangements were made weeks before we sailed. If you need any info on what we did I'd be glad to help you out in any way, feel free to e-mail me!
John

b.krewson September 1st, 2003 10:36 AM

The turtle farm does not grow them to eat. They help them grow and release them back to nature. They help them only. We have been there a few times with friends and they put them back to the seas. They were ask that question many times fro different people on the tours.

Brad

formulachk September 3rd, 2003 08:06 PM

Thanks for your help!