Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 2nd, 2003, 04:20 PM
SG

Default Vegetarian dining on Carnival

I was wondering if anyone has experiences with the availability of vegetarian (preferably vegan) options on carnival. I will be on the Sept 26 sailing of the legend and am curious about what is available- especially at the sit down dinners etc. I have already advised my TA and she is doing the best she can for me. I was just curious to hear about any experiences out there...
Sponsored Links
Old September 2nd, 2003, 04:30 PM
Julia Elzie

Default Re: Vegetarian dining on Carnival

Hi,

I am a travel agent and I have been on several cruise lines over the years. It is my experience that all of the cruise lines have a wide variety of menu choices available in the dining rooms and other restaurants, such as the buffet, etc. There have always been vegetarian selections on the menu and you can certainly make special requests for your meals, too. There are also low-fat, sugar-free desserts. I've found a lot of variety and flexibility in the menus to suit every need.

Your travel agent doesn't need to make a special note of it - you need to make a special request on the airlines, but not on cruise ships for the more common special meal requests, such as vegetarian or low-sugar. The dining steward will be able to give you more information and details on the preparation of the meals.

Have a great cruise!
Julia Elzie
Cruising Co., Etc.
Old September 2nd, 2003, 04:37 PM
SG

Default Re: Re: Vegetarian dining on Carnival

Thank you very much for you insight! Def. puts me at ease
Old September 2nd, 2003, 04:58 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Sterling Silver

We have had excellent vegetarian meals on the "Victory". Most are not vegan, however.
Their veggies have always been good. Usually not overcooked. (our experience). And the sugar free desserts have been wonderful. The only cruise line we have found soy milk is on Celebrity. Maybe that has changed now on Carnival. (We last cruised in Jan. '04). Have a great time.

Next cruise Jan. 18 on the "Spirit".
Old September 4th, 2003, 11:04 AM
SG

Thank you much for the info!
I will be on Carnival Legend sailing 09/26.
Old September 4th, 2003, 12:54 PM
suzys

there was a passenger on one of our cruises and that's all she ordered at dinner time. Carnival was extremely accomodating to her all week. I would also contact Carnival and tell them too.
Old September 7th, 2003, 11:31 PM
Cruise Maniac

I was on the Carnival Legend last year. They do have a nice selection of Vegetarian dishes. They do try to please

Old September 8th, 2003, 02:09 PM
SG

Thank you all for the info!
Old September 8th, 2003, 06:13 PM
Passenger

Just got off the Paradise - while I'm not a vegetarian, I noticed there was a vegetarian entree on the menu each night, and of course the staff is always bending over backwards to accomodate all guest needs!
Old September 8th, 2003, 10:05 PM
kellie710

I am also a vegetarian and was thrilled that the Sensation had a vegetarian appetizer and entree available for every meal in the dining room. While I did not see any vegan options, there were plenty of ovo-lacto vegetarian dishes. The beffet eatery on the Lido deck offered many veggie options, too. There was a salad bar and 24 hour cheese pizza available. I am sure that if you are a strict vegan you could call the 1-800 number for Carnival and they could offer assistance. I know that they do not offer kosher meals, but maybe they could assist you with vegan dishes if you let them know your restrictions ahead of time.
Old September 9th, 2003, 10:54 AM
SG

Thanks for the info Kellie. I am not a strict vegan and so I am VERY HAPPY to hear that there are many veggie options avail. I also spoke to Carnival and they told me that I can request dishes without cheese if I wanted and requests such as that would not be a problem. I also plan to take my own soy milk and I think I will be set. Thanks so much for sharing your experience- it def makes me feel at ease