Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 4th, 2003, 10:57 PM
Passenger

Default Category 4A Cabin

We are first time cruisers and got a very good deal for a category 4A cabin. I know this is on the bottom level and was wondering if there was any difference in the other cabins besides the different levels and cabins with view or balcony. Are these cabins more noisy than the others? Are they less safe?
Sponsored Links
Old September 4th, 2003, 10:59 PM
char Hempler

Default Re: Category 4A Cabin

No.... Not at all. They r nice cabins. We usually go that level. Have been upgraded once. Same room basically.... Enjoy.. Happy cruising. Char
Old September 5th, 2003, 09:33 AM
First Mate

Nothing wrong with those cabins. In fact, the lower you are, the less they roll. You're gonna be so busy running all over the place having a ball, the deck you sleep on won't make a difference. What ship you booked on?

Old September 5th, 2003, 12:39 PM
MichelleM

I think the 4A's are quieter then the decks further up. With a 4A you have other cabins above you versus having a restaurant, show room or the pool.

Have a great time.
Old September 5th, 2003, 06:26 PM
Gal

My friend just got off the Celebration and had a 4a cabin... going thru the tropical storm the boat rocked of course but the rest of the time, it was really nice. She enjoyed her room ---when she used it, lol.
Old September 6th, 2003, 12:16 AM
pv86@bellsouth.net

4A or B or C or D or E. are all inside cabins with two lower beds. A 1A is an inside cabin with bunk beds.

6A or B or C or D are all outside cabins with windows. A 5A is an outside with portholes.

The main difference are the outside cabin have about 5 square extra feet over inside cabins.

A 1A or a 5A will be in the worst possible places on the ship. Especially the 5A these cabins are almost always in the bow. You could feel the bounce of ship more in these.

The old advice on selecting a cabin is try to get the the middle of the ship about 1 floor up from the bottom deck. Most beople say the ride is best here.

It is like on a plane I have been told the best ride, although the poorest view, is right over the wings.

But on ships today with all the stablizers they have anywhere you are will be just fine.

Now in the bow or aft of the ship anchor noise might be a problem. Right under the stage in the main lounge will be noise when the dancers are dancing. I now because I have been both places.

But as another poster said you are not in your cabin enough to really have any of this make any difference.

I normally book run of the ship. That is the best cabin they have availalbe when I sail. I normally gets a better than bottom cabin and saves you lots of money. I have never got a bacony but I have gotten outside a few times.

I know this is long but I hope it helped.

Don