Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 7th, 2003, 07:59 AM
Admiral

Default Partying in the rooms...

...has anyone had a problem w/cruisers doing this? My mother, sister & I took a cruise and ended up next to a room of kids singing every night in their room (If I hear "Who Let The Dogs Out" one more time!! ), banging against the walls, drinking, etc., etc. I had to call security on 2 occasions after receiving rude remarks when calling their room directly. The first time they came out and convinced them to go to other parts of the ship. The 2nd time they were really questioning me as to the level of noise, etc., but eventually did show up there.

Personally I think your room is for sleeping, not for carrying on, there are MANY parts of the ship to do that in, has anyone else run into this? Thankfully this is the ONLY time this occured on the many cruises we have enjoyed....

8/92 Mex. Riv. Commodore
9/98, 9/00, 9/02 & 7/04 Caribbean - Paradise
10/00, 08/05 Pac. Wtrs. Holiday, Monarch
04/06 Hawaii - Celebrity Summit
09/07 Alaska - Celebrity Summit
07/09 Western Caribbean RCCL Liberty of the Seas
Sponsored Links
Old September 7th, 2003, 11:34 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Partying in the rooms...

Jean,
Being loud and having loud partying in the rooms while not prohibited is very tacky and security will come and tell them to quite down. Late night partying is in-excusable. Everyone should be a good neighbor on or off a ship.
Jim

Old September 8th, 2003, 06:39 AM
jamie gunter

We had some noisy neighbors on a Disney cruise we went on. Their were some kids that were always screaming and there mom was always yelling at them at the top of her lungs! They also kept trying to open the adjoinging door. This went on all day for seven days
Old September 9th, 2003, 07:41 AM
Admiral

Jamie,

Did you ever call security whilst this was going on? I would not have put up w/it for one night, much less 7!!!

Hope you had a great time anyway....

8/92 Mex. Riv. Commodore
9/98, 9/00, 9/02 & 7/04 Caribbean - Paradise
10/00, 08/05 Pac. Wtrs. Holiday, Monarch
04/06 Hawaii - Celebrity Summit
09/07 Alaska - Celebrity Summit
07/09 Western Caribbean RCCL Liberty of the Seas
Old September 10th, 2003, 09:30 AM
Passenger

Jamie -

Jean and I had a similar incident on our very first cruise together. Sometime after midnight, for the first two nights we could not only hear, but feel a heard of elephants racing down the hallway outside our cabin. They would run, stomp and roar through the hallway until I finally put a stop to it. We tried calling security but of course, by the time they arrived (10-15 minutes) the kids were gone. So, I waited until they were just about outside our door and I jumped out into the hallway wearing nothing but a bathrobe and berated them for about 5 minutes in the hallway. I remember threatening to (physically) throw them off the ship in the middle of the ocean if I so much as heard another footstep outside my door ............. even if it wasn't them : ) Needless to say we slept in peace the remainder of the cruise. Sometimes you just have to "out -noise" them just once.

Ron
Old September 16th, 2003, 10:16 PM
cruzbunny

We use a white noise machine for sleeping, and didn't hear a thing until room service knocked with our breakfast in the morning.
Old September 17th, 2003, 11:56 AM
Passenger

I hope my fellow cruisers remember this before they give advice on the finer points of alcohol smuggling. If these loud partiers had to leave their room to re-supply, maybe it would be a little bit quieter around there.