Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 9th, 2003, 07:15 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to formulachk
Default I'm going on the Inspiration and need all the help I can get

I am going on my first cruise this January and have questions about everything. The ship, the excursions, the entertainment etc. Any information that anyone has about the Inspiration would be greatly apprecited. I have four months to go and I can't wait, I'm so anxious you would think I were leaving tomarrow...hehehe

Thanks!

Carnival Legend 6/2005
Sovereign of the Seas 8/2004
Carnival Inspiration 1/2004
Sponsored Links
Old September 9th, 2003, 08:02 PM
First Mate

Default Re: I'm going on the Inspiration and need all the help I can

Well, haven't been on the Inspiation yet, but I'm right behind you. Did GC and Cozumel last Feb on the Sensation and that's why we're going back. These are great ports especially that time of year. Stingray City is the popular excursion in GC. Try the rumcake! You'll be going ashore on tenders here and Belize. In Cozumel, Mayan ruins are great, but if you're young, you may just want to do the beach. I like the buffet breakfast and lunch, but do all my dinners in the dining room. You'll find the daily menu posted outside the dining room. Don't miss the shows after dinner. Walk out the back doors of the buffet and you'll find several tables in the open air which are a great place to watch sunsets or have your morning coffee. You're gonna love it!!!!!!!!!!

Old September 9th, 2003, 11:43 PM
Cruisingocean

Call you TA and get the shore excursions faxed to you. I just received mine for the Glory - All 16 pages. The Inspiration is a great ship - no complaints here. Try to see all the shows - they are all quite good . . . but remember its a vacation . . . do too much and you will need a vacation after your vacation!
Old September 10th, 2003, 09:39 AM
Cruise Maniac

We were on the Inspiration this past February, and had a good time. After listening to everyone talk about cruises and how great they are, I had great expectations. The ship was beautiful, the food in the dining room was very good, the buffets got to be a little boring by the end - same food over and over, the shows were very good. We enjoyed Grand Cayman - we did Stingray City. We only got to spend a few hours in Cozumel because we had to turn around and go back to Grand Cayman because one of the passengers had a heart attack or something and had to be off loaded. By the time we got to Cozumel, we only had a couple of hours so we didn't really do anything but hang around the shops at the pier. We also went to New Orleans which didn't really impress me. It seems like a very poor city. They were gearing up for Mardi Gras so Bourbon Street was interesting.

We enjoyed the cruise, so we are now going in December with the kids on the Triumph. All in all I think it is a pretty good vacation for the money.

Melissa

02/13/05 Carnival Miracle
12/27/03 Carnival Triumph
02/15/03 Carnival Inspiration

Old September 10th, 2003, 11:05 AM
Passenger

Here's a little easter egg for you -

My wife and I found a 'secret door' on the Fantasy class ships one afternoon while exploring. It will take you out to the bow of the ship where no one but the ships crew are usually seen. I suggest you go out there during the day when there is no one in the Paris Lounge. I've attached a picture/map of where the door is located. It's not really a secret but there are no signs pointing to it and it's not labelled at all. My wife and I have never found anyone outside there when we've been there, so have fun!.

Ron

Post Edited (09-10-03 10:06)

Old September 10th, 2003, 11:19 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: I'm going on the Inspiration and need all the help I

Ron,
The reason there are no signs showing you the way is because passengers are not allowed in that area. I think you will see that there is a sign there that says 'crew only' but not sure if the sign is up on that door. I do know that passengers are not allowed in the open bow area of the Fantasy class ships.
Jim

Old September 10th, 2003, 01:14 PM
Admiral

Jim is correct. That door usually has a sign stating "crew only."

Regards,
Thomas
Old September 11th, 2003, 08:32 PM
Deetraveljunkie

My first cruise was on the Carnival Inspiration, from the port of New Orleans.
I read the prior comments about New Orleans, too bad for them – this is a real interesting port if you like history. There are Plantations you can take tours of and you must try “mother’s” it is a hole in the wall dinner but the food is fabulous and reasonably priced.
Now the ship- it was very clean, good food, great staff- they always smile! Had ocean view room on the upper deck mid-ship- small but clean! I took the shore excursions at all ports. I have been to Tulum, MX before – if you like history take this tour it gives you a historical tour of ancient myan ruins. Grand Cayman- took the turtle farm & run factory tour- DISAPOINTING! Rum factory is a store that sells run products…turtle tour is ok… all the other sites were a quick drive by. Next time I’ll just pay for a taxi driver. Visited “Hell”-(no I am not talking about work!) small –good Kodak moment. Jamaica went on the coffee /plantation tour –ok- if you like looking at coffee trees and agriculture.- over all it is great- watch your spending by the time I got off the ship my bill was $1600.00 ( for 3 people).
Old September 13th, 2003, 06:45 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to formulachk

Thanks for the info guys! I just can't wait, I'm so excited. I'm always talking about the cruise or buying something for it. Im sure everyone will be happy when the cruise finally comes. hehehehe

Carnival Legend 6/2005
Sovereign of the Seas 8/2004
Carnival Inspiration 1/2004
Old September 13th, 2003, 07:27 PM
First Mate

Yup, that's how it starts. Then, when you return, you'll have this incredible empty feeling (along with incredible memories) because you're no longer booked on a cruise. Sooo, you tell yourself, one more and I'll quit. And when you return from that one, you confess your addiction and give in to temptation. Life is good!

Old September 16th, 2003, 01:40 AM
Passenger

Jim,

Apparantly you think you know everything there is to know about everything. Quite honestly it annoys me how you seem to jump on every post and 'correct' everyone (read: argue) who says something you don't agree with. ...... whether you have the facts or just make them up as you go.

It should be obvious to even the lamest person that if there is a sign on any door that says "Crew Only" you should not go through that door. There were NO SIGNS on that door as I stated in my post. I have gone out there on multiple occasions on 4 different cruises on two different Fantasy ships and I have NEVER been stopped or told I could not or should not be out there. I walked right past the waiters coming in and out of the hidden bar area and no one said a word to me about not stepping through that door. Is this clear enough for you? I simply gave it out as a suggestion of places to check out on the ship. The worst anyone would do is tell you not to go out there again - so be adventurous and check it out.

And please lighten up. This is supposed to be a fun place for people to meet and chat and you're not making it fun for anyone by trying to prove you know more than everyone else. It's one thing if someone asks you a question to give them an answer to the best of your knowledge. It is completely unnecessary for you to read every post and 'correct' everything that everyone else writes in a post. There are many others of us that are seasoned travelers that know just as much as you do and don't take themselves quite as seriously as you do.

Regards,
Ron

Celebrity Cruiselines' "Summit" - Alaska : 14 Days
Old September 16th, 2003, 04:47 PM
Familiar Face

I have sailed on the Inspiration twice and love her. She is so easy to get to know unlike the new larger ships.
I also have used the secret door to see our arrival and departure at each port. Its a great place and not crowded at all. Another good place thats not busy is just below the bridge where we took the lounge chairs from the lido deck to have a nice relaxing time.
Only complaint is that we were in a cabin under the galley on or last sailing and it was very noisy late at night and early morning hours.
Have a great time

Festivale 1990
Tropicale 1992
Holiday 1994
Inspiration 1996
Celebration 1998
Inspiration 2000
Elation 2001
Destiny 2002
Glory 4/24/04
Spirit 10/09/04
Liberty 9/05