Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 18th, 2003, 11:57 PM
rrupes

Default roatan

we will be traveling on the paradise oct 5. does anyone know of any good things to do in roatan for a family with 2 teenagers and an infant a mother-in-law (no hope there) and her boyfriend???
Sponsored Links
Old September 19th, 2003, 08:35 AM
Admiral

Default Re: roatan

Now now, what do you mean by no hope there for your mother in law?! My parents will be getting off the Paradise this Sunday. They went to roatan so I will find out what they did and if I can remember I will post that here.
Old September 19th, 2003, 09:53 AM
casma

We went to Roatan last year and had a great bus trip up the mountain to some home where they have cactus trees and funny looking chickens.. Sounds funky but it was a lot of fun. The bus got stopped by three soldiers carrying guns. The driver and tour guide assurred them we were only tourists after which they got on a walkie talkie and said something then waved us on. Good thing they cleared us through because around the very next corner was a huge amount of weapons and soldiers waiting for anyone who broke through the first line ! It was scary but fine. The bus ride was a journey itself .
Very interesting stops though. And, before the bus took off from the pier we had an hour or so to look through the market at the beginning of the pier. Really nice people ! They supply Red Lobster with - - - lobsters ! Every day a flight to the US takes off loaded with seafood.
Old September 19th, 2003, 12:42 PM
First Mate

Just got back this week. We took the ship's West End Island tour and I DON"T RECOMMEND IT!. It was dull and boring, and tottally not worth the money. OUr friends got off and hired someone at the Pier to guide them for $20 for the day and they saw a lot. We only saw the botanical garden and butterfly farm. If you're undecided, you can wait till you get off and hire one of the many people waiting there to do whatever you want to do. I know that's what I'll do next time.
Old September 19th, 2003, 01:11 PM
MichelleM

We went on the catamaran sail and snorkel in Roatan, thru Carnival, and had a great time. It is not a booze cruise at all, there is one free rum punch available after snorkeling but after the one you have to pay for alcohol so no one really gets intoxicated. The crew on the catamaran is great and very entertaining, there were several people who didn't snorkel and they still had a great time enjoying the view and sun.

There are a couple beach party type excursions where they take you to a nice beach basically with drinks and snorkeling. Lots of the families on board went on those and had a nice time.

If you have anyone who snorkels Roatan has really excellent snorkeling and diving, the coral is still all alive since it isn't a major tourist destination yet.