Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 19th, 2003, 10:51 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Carnival Legend 1st timer

Hi All,
So glad I found this site. I am seeking advie. We are looking to book for the Legend April 29, 2004 from NY to Carribbean for 8 days. We got a price of $1024/per person, for an inside sateroom on the Veranda deck. Plus we would have our daughter 2 years old, and my Mom with us in the room. The would pay 600/person. We would have a room that has 2 pull down beds. Is this a good deal? What are the chances of us getting upgraded, etc? Can anyone offer any advive. Are you really in your room that much anyway?

Shelby
Sponsored Links
Old September 19th, 2003, 12:13 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Carnival Legend 1st timer

The cruises on Legend from NY have proven to be very very popular and you do not see the extreme discounting you see elsewhere in off season cruising for example.
Is it a good deal? I'd say yes, others would have their own opinion.
Rooms on Legend are quite large as compared to other ships and cruise lines.
I'm sure you will work out the logistics of sharing the room. Personally I sleep, wash and occaisionally take a short nap in my room, so , no the room is not that important to me.
You can find any number of comments on this ship on this board as a Cruisemates cruise was taken on it when it first sailed. In addition, a poster named Rollerdonna currently is writing a multipart review over in the chat section.
If you go to chat section and search posts under my name, going back to June of this year you will find my thoughts on my Legend cruise. Do the same over in the Carnival section and you will also find some of my thoughts on the ship and cruise.
We loved it.
By the way, ignore my comments re traffic at the pier, those problems have mostly been fixed.