Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 20th, 2003, 10:25 AM
Passenger

Default Parking in New Orleans

Hi all :-) I will be leaving in the morning and driving to New Orleans to catch the Conquest. Two years ago when I sailed out of New Orleans on the Inspiration, I remember parking at Fulton Street Garage for less money. Does anyone know if it is still the least expensive place to park?

Sponsored Links
Old September 21st, 2003, 10:22 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Parking in New Orleans

I know the Cruise Terminal parking lot is now up to $10.00 per day, cash only, and payable in full when you arrive. I think the Fulton Street Garage has also raised their price this past year but they let you pay with a credit card upon your return. They also have a shuttle to the Julia street terminal.
Old September 23rd, 2003, 11:35 PM
Jeffrey Lee

its now $12.00 a day
Old September 24th, 2003, 08:24 AM
sls

Default Re: Re: Parking in New Orleans

What's $12? Cruise terminal parking or the Fulton St garage?
Old September 24th, 2003, 08:39 AM
sls

found my own answer - it's $12 everywhere. On-site parking in pay up front cash and off site parking is pay when you leave.

From the Port of New Orleans website:

PARKING
On-Site Parking: Immediately adjacent to the cruise terminal, the Port operates a patrolled, fenced, and lighted outside parking lot (no height restrictions) for cruise passengers only, for length of voyage only. Parking in this lot is $12 per day for the length of voyage. Cost is $84 for a seven day cruise, cash only on arrival, no credit cards, no checks, no reservations, no refunds for early departure. RV's pay according to number of spaces occupied (i.e., two spaces equal $168).

Off-Site Parking: The Port has reached agreements with the following private lots along Convention Center Blvd. that will charge cruise passengers the Port's rate of $12 per day:

Fulton Street Garage Convention Center Blvd. and North Diamond St. - covered parking, pay on departure - must show cruise ticket upon entering - shuttle bus back to terminal
"Whale" Lot Convention Center Blvd. and Julia St. - outside lot, pay on departure - must show proof of cruise and give baggage tag - adjacent to Terminal 2 and two blocks from Terminal 1
Hilton Hotel Lot Convention Center Blvd., adjacent to Whale Lot - covered parking, pay on departure - must show proof of cruise and give baggage tag - one black from Terminal 2 and three blocks from Terminal 1
WTC Lot
Poydras St. adjacent to Hilton Hotel - covered parking, pay on departure - must show proof of cruise and give baggage tag - three blocks from Terminal 2 and four blocks from Terminal 1
PK1 Lot
Convention Center Blvd. past Calliope St., outside parking, pay on departure - six blocks from Terminal 2 and five blocks from Terminal 1
Old September 29th, 2003, 11:33 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Parking in New Orleans

We did end up parking at Fulton Street Garage for $10 a day.