Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 20th, 2003, 06:24 PM
First Mate

Default taking drinks onboard

Carnival states on their newest pamphlet that you can bring no beverages on board at embarkation. Last year I was able to bring bottled water and a few sodas. I will be leaving on the Pride in Oct. Does any know if I can still bring these items on board with me.?? Thanks for any help.
Sponsored Links
Old September 20th, 2003, 06:37 PM
b.krewson

Default Re: taking drinks onboard

Try it , they can tell you to throw it way , it's only water and a few pops.

Brad

Old September 20th, 2003, 07:08 PM
First Mate

Below is Carnival's latest policy. They are just using up there old welcome aboard booklets which is whast you have.

Am I allowed to bring my own beverages onboard?
Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board. Fine wine or champagne may be brought on board during embarkation at the beginning of the cruise only. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the dining room.

Guests may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages. Excessive quantities, to be determined at the discretion of security and/or embarkation personnel, will be confiscated and retained by Carnival until the cruise is completed.

Guests may purchase a variety of beverages onboard the ship. Alcoholic beverages will not be sold or served to anyone under the age of 21. We reserve the right to refuse the sale of alcoholic beverages to anyone. Alcoholic beverages purchased in the ship's gift shop or in ports of call will be retained by Carnival until the end of the voyage.

Note: The legal drinking age onboard is 21 and is strictly enforced. We do not allow the purchase of drinks or bottles of liquor by adults for minors. Possession of alcohol by a minor will not be tolerated and any found will be confiscated, even if found in cabin.
Old September 21st, 2003, 12:36 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: taking drinks onboard

Thanks Jedgar!
Old September 23rd, 2003, 03:14 PM
Passenger

We sailed on the Conquest in July and brought on a large ice chest full of water, cokes and wine with no problem at all.

Imagination 96
Destiny 97
Holiday 99
Fascination 01
Rotterdam 02
Conquest 07/03
Conquest 02/29/04
Old September 23rd, 2003, 04:55 PM
Passenger

BrwnEyedGirl - My husband and I just got back from our cruise 10 days ago. We took a bottle of scotch (for him) and vodka (for me) and put it in bubble-wrap in our luggage. We had it out on the counter in our cabin and asked for a bucket of ice from our room stewardess when we arrived. Our ice bucket was always filled for us and not a word was said. I even took a couple of limes, a small cutting board and knife in the luggage. I saw numerous people walking out of their rooms with mixed drinks in hand.

What jedgar quoted above is indeed Carnival's policy. And I know we were told that if they find liqour in your carry-on bag they can take it. They do x-ray and go through some of the carry-on bags ramdomly (just like at the airport) as you board the ship. I had been told that if it was in the luggage, we would be fine. And we were.

I was also surprised at how many people brought on those ice chests on rollers. So they must be kind of lax about enforcing that rule too. Would have been our luck to have them confiscate the drinks, cooler and all. Ha

Enjoy your cruise! Wish we were going with you!!! :-)
Old September 24th, 2003, 11:02 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Sandriska

Get a large water bottle. Buy some light vodka or rum. Pour out the water. Pour the vodka or clear rum in the water bottle. There you go!!!!

I just came back from the Legend and I carried on a 16 oz bottle of soda. I did not have a problem. I guess to much stuff and they will stop you.

On the legend, you have a refrigerator stocked with stuff. If you drink or eat anything they will charge it to your sign and sail card plus a 15% re stocking fee.

Good Luck,
Sandriska
Old September 26th, 2003, 02:01 PM
nyjintsfan

bubble wrap it and put it in your luggage and enjoy. cheers
Old September 26th, 2003, 03:45 PM
Polly Deal

You say you were on the Conquest in July. We were on the Conquest July 20. Please contact me if you were on this cruise.
I have a question.
Polly Deal
Old September 27th, 2003, 07:30 PM
Dan McDonald

Most of Carnival's rules are more like "suggestions"

Dan