Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 24th, 2003, 11:10 AM
First Mate

Default cabin size

Just got back from my first cruise (Carnival Paradise). I realize that I have absolutely nothing to compare this to, but I found the cabin to be MUCH larger than I expected. We had the second cheapest cabin (2 beds, no window) and I was travelling with a male friend (I'm female). We had absolutely no problem sharing the space (when we separated the two beds to opposite sides of the room, it gave us so much space). Don't know if all cabins are like that, but I was pleasantly surprised. Just thought I 'd pass that on.
Sponsored Links
Old September 24th, 2003, 11:39 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin
Default Re: cabin size

Ready, you're quite right ... I was traveling with a female friend on the Holiday and found that with the beds separated and put at a 45-degree angle, we had a ton of floor space.

Carnival's cabins are a lot wider than RCCL's

Harry
Old September 24th, 2003, 02:33 PM
Captain

Well readytogo we found the Paradise to have a good layout for their rooms and plenty of storage space but actually found them to have some of the smallest rooms we have seen or been in on ships with the exception of the Independence and Norway. We were on back to back on the Paradise and did get to explore many rooms on the Paradise between each week and were amazed at how small they were.

As I said there was still plenty of room but if you thought those were a good size you will probably never be disappointed unless you sail on one of the real old ships. The Paradise is a beautiful ship and we truly enjoyed our time on it.
Old September 24th, 2003, 03:34 PM
First Mate

wow, if those are the small cabins, I can't imagine the larger ones!
Old September 24th, 2003, 05:26 PM
Admiral

This is the typiocal standard cabins on Carnival. CCL does have the largest standard cabins around and this is one of the reasons we like CCL. Now when you get into the suite catagory it is an entirely different ballgame. <G>
Jim

Old September 26th, 2003, 12:20 PM
Passenger

Ready,

My wife and I have sailed the Paradise 2 times prior and our next cruise is booked on her as well. We had a standard cabin (handicap access, but the same size room) on both prior cruises and not only had room for the two of us and all of our garb - we also had room for my electric mobility scooter with no problems whatsoever. On our next cruise we are going to be in one of the category 12 suites. I've never actually seen one of these cabins but the pictures on the Carnival site are pretty impressive so I'll have a real comparison when we return.

Regards,
Ron

Celebrity Cruiselines' "Summit" - Alaska : 14 Days
Old September 26th, 2003, 01:50 PM
Captain

Sounds like we will like the Carnival cabins....last year we were on the RCCL Majesty and you could touch one wall and lean over a few feet and touch the other wall....real small for 3 people....was like a huge closet.
We are on Conquest in Nov and have a 6A, which sounds like alot more room.

Sensation

Old September 28th, 2003, 09:34 AM
Passenger

If you do some internet searching and compare square footage of Carnival's cabins to other lines, you'll find Carnival quite a bit bigger for the basic cabin. I've been in the regular size rooms several times and had no complaints! My hubby likes to splurge for the suite. We've done a Cat. 12 (first cruise) and it was wonderful. We did a Cat. 11 on the Holiday and were disappointed (obstructed view, worn out decor) but we're trying a Cat. 11 again on the Destiny Nov. 16th. I'd prefer to save the money and stick with the regular room - except I do love the private balcony. And when I priced the balcony rooms vs. the suite, it wasn't that much more and so we got it since he prefers that.

Can't wait!!!

Carnival Destiny